Chapter 3 Scouting for Blue

A few hours had passed by since Owen and Claire had encountered the Scorpius Rex, they had passed many herds that were peacefully grazing at the grass and some were scattered about, looking for their herds. They hadn't even seen a Carnivore for a while.
Owen sighed and looked around, starting to do his whistle, he hoped Blue would hear him.
"Do you think she would remember that?" Claire questioned, looking around for any Raptor tracks.
"To be honest, I'm not sure." Owen answered after a moment.

Just as they were about to take a rest, a screech could be heard.
"I know that screech..." Owen said with a grin appearing on his face. "Blue!" He called out, looking around for her. Claire followed close behind as they followed the screech, suddenly landing in front of them came Blue.
She stared at the two in front of her, her lip raising a little as she growled at them to warn them off. Owen held his hand out for her and started to gently talk to her like he did when she was younger and a couple of years ago, Claire stayed back watching the two with hope that the Raptor would remember her trainer.

Blue snarled towards him and sent out a warning bite as she stepped closer to the man, Owen snapped his hand back.
"Hey!" He warned towards her before placing his hand back out in front of him. When Blue realised that Owen wasn't going to hurt her, she stepped closer to him again and sniffed his hand carefully, still wareful of what this man was doing in front of her.
Owen clicked the clicker he had brought with him, hoping she would remember the sound. Suddenly Blue let out a friendly growl towards him and pressed her snout against the palm of his hand.
"Good girl." Owen whispered as he ran his hand across her gently, glancing over to Claire who was smiling at the scene. "We are here to protect you." He spoke in a gentle tone after to Blue.

The Raptor let out another friendly squeak before feeling drops of rain, fall on her scaly skin, she stepped back and looked up, screeching at the sky and then looking back at Owen, she turned and glanced in front of her.
"Does she want us to follow her?" Claire asked Owen as she stepped closer to her friend.
Owen studied Blue for a moment before nodding. "There is a storm on its way." He said as he followed his Raptor to shelter.
Blue led the two of them to the old Jurassic Park centre and entered through a hole she had made.
"This place is still standing? Even after the Indominus Rex attack?" Claire questioned as she tried to crawl through.
"Er Claire....Why are you trying to crawl through?" Owen questioned, smirking at her as he pulled open the old door. "Here is our way." He laughed.
"Oh...." Claire didn't say anything else as she got up and walked through, looking around the abandoned, decaying building. "At least there are some dry parts...." She said after a moment.
"Your not going to get five stars here..." Owen said with a chuckle as he began to make a few beds out of what he could, meanwhile Blue had laid in a corner, watching the two closely. She knew this island was no longer safe, she had encounted the Scorpius Rex before, but there was something else on this island, she continued to watch the humans as they settled down to sleep before placing her head down to rest herself.