This elicited a quiet gasp, and I smirked as I gestured for the singer to speak.

"Sorry, but Calvin said to come in and do the bridge." I glanced to the producer's seat, seeing him messing with some of the buttons on the soundboard with headphones in; nodding along to whatever he's doing.

"'Ight." I nodded, turning back to my girlfriend. I rubbed my hand further up and only slightly down; barely inches away from her crotch.

"I'll be back, baby." I winked and stood up. I walked into the booth and put the headphones on, that's when I realized what Calvin was doing. Normani talked about our harmonies until Earlback over there was done.

"Alright! Let's get to it." He spoke up. Mani and I turned and nodded, I positioned myself over the mic and waited. I already knew the lyrics by heart so I didn't need much prep. I don't think Ms. Kordei needed it either.

[Y/n & Normani]

if you're down
don't hide it
feelin' me, you don't gotta deny it
baby, you gon' make me overnight it

tell me are you down

if you're down
don't hide it
feelin' me you don't gotta deny it
baby, you gon' make me overnight it

tell me are you down

"Alright, I want some background vocals on that part. And Y/n, that high note you were talking about. Hit it at the end with 'tell me'." I gave him a thumbs up and we sat in there for a whole other hour finishing up the song.

"Alright, I think we've got it. Come out, let me smooth it out and then play it back." I chuckled and Normani and I walked out. I immediately sat next to Ariana, who kept her distance. I frowned.

why is she acting this way?

"Ari?" She slowly turned to look at me, eyebrows raised in a 'yes?' manner. My frown deepened. She was indeed pissed off.

"Ari, baby, what's wrong?" She shrugged, still not even looking at me. I sighed, deciding to let her cool off before talking to her. Instead, I listened to the song's playback.

~~~~~

"Thank you so much, Y/nn, this song is incredible. I don't know what I'd do without you." Normani smiled as we began loading back into the buses to travel to Vancouver. The early sky illuminated her facial features but she wasn't at all as heavenly as Ariana.

"No problem, Mani, anytime." We shared a hug and then went our separate ways. Speaking of Ariana, that massage? Yeah, never happened. Instead, she roomed with Court and Vic and I slept alone last night. I could've been petty and invited Zach, Wall, Dean, or even Normani but I didn't. I needed the time alone.

I still can't figure out what the Italian's problem is. Should I ask her family? No, they don't need to be brought into it. Should I ask her friends? No, they probably wont tell me anyways. I'm at a a loss.

"nO pRoBlEM, mANi, aNyTiMe." I rolled my eyes the second I heard Ariana mock me. I turned and stared into her hardened brown eyes.

"Ariana, I'm tired of this. What the fuck is up with you lately?" I snapped, standing up to her. I didn't wanna cause a scene, but I needed to know before I was left with my thoughts on this damn bus.

"What's up with me? You! You fucking sit there and let her flirt with you, and then kiss her fucking ass!" My eyebrows furrow. "Flirt with me? When has she flirted with me?" Ariana gave me a look of disbelief.

"Are you serious? You can't be. You want me to name all the times?!" Her voice began to raise. I looked around, remembering that were literally in the back of a hotel building. The paps could come around here and easily spot us.

"Ariana, I need you to rel-" "NO! I'm not gonna fucking relax. You wanna know? I'll tell you. Every time you two hug, she blushes. Every time you two fucking talk, she gets all shy and fucking blushy and shit. You literally noticed it at that one show and reassured me and still let it happen!" She basically screamed.

I began to panic. I was overwhelmed. Ariana was pissed, I already had the stress from the song and my dad, everybody could probably hear Ariana's crazy jealousy rant. And one little click or even just a sound record of this situation and both Grande and I can lose our careers in a second.

Management doesn't play when agreements are in place.

"B-baby, can we talk about this on my bus, at least? I-I feel like someone's gonna reco-" "Do you like her?" She cut me off, crossing her arms over her chest and leaning her weight onto one hip.

I was completely baffled at this point.

"Do I like her? A-are you crazy?! Of course not! Ariana," I stepped forward, she stepped back. I took a quicker step forward and caught grasp of her waist. She tried to get out of my grip, but it was obvious she wasn't trying very hard.

"I love you. I have you, and you have me. I don't want or see anyone else but you! Not Normani, not Chanel, no one. You're my only, babe. I don't give a fuck who it is. I'm loyal to you, and you're all I want." Ariana didn't say anything a for a little bit, just stared into my eyes.

"Okay." Is all she said. "Okay?" I repeat with furrowed eyebrows. The fuck is a simple 'okay' supposed to mean?

"Yes, okay. I believe you." She sighed. "I'm sorry. I know I'm acted a complete fucking fool but I've just fallen so hard for you. Anytime that's ever happened before, which honestly is rare, I lose 'em. I can't lose you. I-I won't." Her voice wavered at end. I could tell she was getting choked up.

"You'll never lose me, Ari. Ever. I'll always be here." She nods and I quickly pull her into a hug. She hides her face into my chest (which is also because of our height difference) and melts into our embrace.

"I love you." I whispered onto her hairline and then left a kiss on her forehead. She looked up at me with watery eyes and a small, toothless smile.

"I love you more, Y/nn."

____________________

i think yall should put more trust in yourselves ! smh . . 😏 . much love, A