“Next week.”

“I know you’re going with Derek do promise me I’ll be the first person you call when you find out.”

“I promise.” She said before kissing the side of my head and going back to the what she was cooking.

I walked into the school and made my way to my locker to shove the books I didn’t need till later in them before making my way to class.

Alex had to drop off his siblings in school and I didn’t want to bother Lauren so I decided to take the bus for a change instead and let’s just say I didn’t miss it.

I closed my locked shut and was about to walk to my first class when I saw a familiar face.

He was walking like he was in a trance and was about to walk past me when I waved my hands in front of him which snapped him out of his reverie.

“Hey, are you okay? You seemed pretty out of it.” I asked him with a worried look but he was quick to smile at me.

“I’m fine. I just had a really long night.”

“Don’t tell me Ava kept you up.”

“It wasn’t Ava.” He said before frowning again and I unconsciously mirrored his frown.

“I found out last night that my biological father’s dead.” He said and my eyes widened in fear mixed with surprise.

“Oh my God Dylan are you okay?”

“I’m fine. I never really knew him so I’m not really bothered.” He said but I could tell he was lying from the look in his eyes.

“No matter what, he was still your father.”

“I know it’s bad to talk ill of the dead but he really was a piece of shit for what he did to my mum so I’m glad he’s dead. I just feel bad for his family because they don’t deserve it.” He said again and I could feel his anger building up.

I understood where his anger was coming from but I could also tell he was hurt.

“I’m getting ice cream with Derek after school today, you want to join us? I heard ice cream cheers people up sometimes.” I told him with a small smile but he was quick to shake his head.

“I think I’ll just hang with Ava again today but thanks for the offer.”

“You really are going to be a loner forever if all you do is hangout with your three year old sister everytime.” I teased him and I was glad when I saw him smile.

“I’m cherishing the moments I have with her now before she starts liking other people more than me.”

“I’m glad you’re finally accepting reality.” I said patting his shoulder lightly which made him scowl at me.

“Whatever.”

“You want me to walk you to class?” I asked him and he gave me a confused look.

“Why?”

“Because I’m trying to be a good friend and you don’t know what that means because you have no friends so just say yes and let’s go.”

He looked at me for a while before letting out a light laugh.

“You’re being a bossy friend.”

“Shut up Dylan.” I told him before grabbing his arm and walking in the direction of his class while he kept laughing.

***************************************