learn to love by loving

Night time arrived, and although Jay had taken medication to help with his headache, nothing had really changed and he eventually settled for resting. He had slept all afternoon after Yedam left and even Heeseung didn't bother him. He worried about falling sick, as he couldn't afford to stay off school any further because of the few days he stayed off to help Heeseung settle in.

Jay awoke at almost 11pm because he was hungry, but as he raided his kitchen for something to satisfy his hunger, nothing touched his palate quite well. He simply sighed to himself, wondering what he wanted to really do. What he felt wasn't human hunger - at all.

Jay pressed his lips together before sighing. "I wonder if he's awake..."

The hallways echoed his silent footsteps, making a noise with each step he took. The pale moonlight shone through the veiled windows, not hiding their silvery glow at all. Jay slowly neared Heeseung's room, but grew more unsure with each step he took. Would it be okay to suddenly wake him up if he was asleep? Would he be able to get through the night without a feed?

But it was too late as he pushed open the doors to Heeseung's guest bedroom.

Heeseung sat by the window, glancing out at the silvery moonlight with a thoughtful gaze. His attention was immediately pulled to the door, where Jay stood with a slightly shocked expression. "You're awake."

"And so are you," Heeseung replied immediately, as if it were something obvious to be stated at that moment. He stared for a moment before looking out the window again. "What's wrong - why are you here?"

Jay bit his lips together. "Hyung...- Kariel, I..."

"Has it come to that point?" Heeseung asked without looking back at Jay. "Kariel really is the only that can satisfy your needs. That sweet taste only he can offer. No one else matches up to him, isn't it?"

"Look, you need me for this and I've become dependent on blood," Jay tried to reason. "I wanted a normal life, but... now I can't function without feeding from you."

"I tried reasoning with myself, and maybe I don't need to become a vampire," Heeseung muttered. "It's what Kariel Alfin wants, not me. Not Lee Heeseung."

"It's too late to back out now."

Heeseung chuckled lightly, standing up from his seat by the window. "Because Aleksandr has already come forth and you can't stop him. Aleksandr will soon take over as your main soul, and Park Jongseong will get left behind as you become a hollow shell of the man that was once human."

His strides towards Jay were slow and agonising, almost teasing. Jay thinned his eyes ever so slightly. "Because Kariel wanted me to bite him to turn him into a vampire-"

"No - because Aleksandr wants to taste Kariel over and over again," Heeseung said flatly. "For years, Kariel was nothing more than food to Aleksandr, as he wasn't able to turn into a vampire. But with me - with Heeseung's host soul, he'd be able to turn into a vampire. Hopefully. If Kariel lives forever with Aleksandr, maybe he'd have that sweet, tender taste forever."

Heeseung stopped just before Jay. Although he was a few centimeters taller, Jay could still stare right into his eyes. Tension surrounded them, but Heeseung played it off with a smile. Jay still seemed serious, as he was thinking about the situation deeply. "So do you - Lee Heeseung - still want to become a vampire?"

Heeseung shrugged carelessly. "I don't mind. Getting stuck with someone so handsome might be better than I think."

"Liar."

"Only for you, Aleksandr. It's not exaggerating to say that Kariel probably felt something for his dear friend."

"Kariel shouldn't be feeling things for him."

"Shush and bite me already."

Jay was quiet for a bit, his eyes darting from Heeseung's neck to his lips. And at that moment, he could only think - would there be consequences to doing what he was just about to do? Would Heeseung mind? Would it create a rift or bring them closer? Kariel definitely wouldn't mind, but Heeseung probably be very offended.

"What, do you want to create a mood first?"

"If that's okay, yes."

Heeseung laughed slightly, looking back at Jay before nodding. "Okay. That's fair. Senselessly biting just feels incorrect, doesn't it? So bring up the most Twilight-esque plot you can think of, and try to win me over, Aleksandr."

Jay was unsure of how to proceed, as he didn't expect Heeseung to agree. With nervous movements, he reached down to Heeseung's hand and took it, guiding him to the silk-covered bed. He wanted to do the obvious and kiss Heeseung, but he didn't know where that would lead. However, by looking in Heeseng's eyes, he could see what he wanted.

Jay placed Heeseung on the bed and stood in front of him, resting a hand on his neck and running his thumb over the old, barely healed wounds. Heeseung was calm, while Jay was conflicted. Should he give in to Heeseung's gaze, just as he had done before? Give into the gaze of a vixen that he would draw him in, no matter how much times he tried to resist?

"Just kiss me, you fool."

Jay leaned forward, placing their lips together ever so gently in a bout of fear for doing the wrong thing. However, Heeseung responded positively by kissing him back, responding with the same pressure. Jay's confidence grew immediately and he drew Heeseung closer by his neck. Jay had to go with the little experience he had in kissing, while Heeseung seemed almost like an expert.

Heeseung's hands rested on Jay's waist, drawing him closer until Jay's lower body and his upper body made contact. Jay didn't feel strange, which was a relief since it would've been awkward between them. Instead, their lips kept contact as Heeseung's hands went under Jay's shirt.

"Your hands are cold," Jay muttered breathily against his lips, grabbing Heeseung's hand and guiding it to his back. He put his hand on Heeseung's neck, tilting it and gaining better access to his lips. Heeseung tugged Jay closer until he fell to his back and Jay followed, kneeling above him.

"Bite me," Heeseung whispered, pulling away from him for a moment. "Bite me until you can no longer feed from me, Aleksandr. Take me as far as you can."

"You shouldn't say things like that," Jay said, his voice low as he tilted Heeseung's neck. "Because if you do, I'll never have any mercy again."