beautiful silhouette

Jay awoke the next morning in Heeseung's room, as they had fallen asleep beside one another. He frowned wondering why there was a shirt on the floor. He looked beside him, widening his eyes when he saw Heeseung shirtless. Thankfully, he still had bottom clothing on and it gave conclusion to the fact that they didn't do anything out of the ordinary.

Besides Jay biting Heeseung.

Jay supposed he was too tired to get back to his own room, and had fallen asleep just there. He got up from the bed, albeit rather hesitantly, and decided to go downstairs to speak to the staff about breakfast. He stepped out, and was immediately greeted by the beaming sunlight. He sighed, shaking his head as he rather chose to go to his bedroom to freshen up.

He walked past Yedam's room, noticing that the boy was already up because of the open door. Jisung was still asleep beside him in the bed. He peeked in, yawning tiredly before he greeted with a hand wave. "Morning. You hungry?"

"A little, yeah," was Yedam's response as he yawned as well. "I went to your room last night, but you weren't there. Where were you?"

"Oh, I went to check on Heeseung, there was a problem," Jay replied casually. "Uhm… I'm going to ask the staff to make breakfast. Any requests?"

"Gukbap," Yedam's short response came, earning a nod from Jay as he left. He walked down the corridor to the next guest room, but he suddenly stopped, widening his eyes when he felt his heartbeat slow down significantly. He inhaled sharply before shaking his head and continuing his path down the corridor.

Jay had a headache for the entire afternoon, and his friends thankfully understood and let him rest until he felt better. Jay honestly hoped that it had nothing to do with Heeseung's blood, because he could do without seeing the older boy for quite a bit. He'd truly have to consume blood pretty often if he wanted to reach his solstice, but certwin disadvantages came with becoming fully vampire.

Firstly, he wouldn't be able to do much about his fangs as they'd be out permanently. He'd also look much paler, resulting in more worries. He wanted to at least wait until the end of high school, which was a mere few months away. However, with Heeseung's arrival, that entire plan was thrown to waste.

Jay sighed as he closed his eyes, resting his forearm on his forehead. He hoped he wasn't getting the seasonal flu or even a cold, because that means he'd have to stay at home all day, and he didn't want that to happen.

"Hey, let's go out." Jay looked to his left, glancing at Yedam, who had stayed behind to be a good friend. Yedam was Jay's best friend at that point, since the two were almost inseparable. "I know it'll make you feel better. Let's go to a kalguksu restaurant or something."

"No, my staff can easily make the best kalguksu — I rarely eat out," Jay replied with a sigh. "We can… go out to buy clothes and maybe get some medication for this headache. Let's go to the mall."

Yedam nodded standing up from the bed and walking out the room to get ready. "I'll meet you downstairs."

Jay nodded, sighing as he walked over to his walk-in closet to pick out something to wear. He took out a black Umbro windbreaker and black skinny jeans, pairing it with a pair of black Balenciaga sneakers. He held onto his shoes until he got downstairs, meeting Heeseung before Yedam.

"Where are you off to?" Heeseung asked, leaning against the wall with crossed arms.

"Out — I have a mild headache so I'm going out for a bit," Jay replied, walking past him and sitting on the ground by the large front door to pull his sneakers on. "You can come with, if you want. I can finally buy you a welcoming gift."

"You don't have to — but I'm bored, so let's go," Heeseung replied. "I'm going to just change my shirt — I'll be right down."

"Don't take too long," Jay called out, standing up snd checking his backpack one last time. Phone, power bank, wallet, AirPods, tissues, lipbalm — he was pretty much set to go. Yedam came downstairs and put his shoes on as well.

"What are we waiting for?"

"Geumryu is getting the vehicle ready, and Heeseung is coming with," Jay replied, scrolling through Instagram for a few seconds before switching his screen off and putting his phone away. "We're going to Tommy Hilfiger first, because there's a jacket in want there."

"A Tommy jacket is no doubt very expensive," Yedam muttered with a joking tone.

Heeseung came scurrying down the stairs, apologizing to the two younger boys for holding them back. They left the large manor, walking to the car that awaited them by the door. Jay took the backseat with Heeseung, while Yedwm sat in front with Jay's personal assistant Geumryu.

"Is there anything you want, hyung? I can't get it for you," Jay said, taking his phone out again. "I mean, we both have damiliesbout of the ordinary, but while you're here, I'll buy you a gift."

"Accessories," Heeseung replied with a shrug. "I don't need much, but a few rings and earrings won't hurt."

"When did you move in, by the way?" Yedam asked, turning around to look at Heeseung. "Why are you staying with Jay, Heeseung hyung?"

Heeseung smiled softly at Yedam's inquisitive tone. "Our fathers are quite close, and my parents want to move to an area where they can easily be around one another. We're buying a manor around here, and I'll return home once preparation is complete."

"Stop talking so formally, it's weird," Jay muttered. "But that much is true. Heeseung and I will get acquainted, as our parents are very close."

"Hopefully," Heeseung said with a smile as he glanced at Jay, "we'll be much closer than we are right now. I hope to be a best friend to Jay."