𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 5࿐⋆you're my lobster⋆

Start from the beginning

"Hem, hem."

"I wonder," said Professor McGonagall in cold fury, turning on Professor Umbridge, "how you expect to gain an idea of my usual teaching methods if you continue to interrupt me? You see, I do not generally permit people to talk when I am talking."

Professor Umbridge looked as though she had just been slapped in the face. She did not speak, but straightened the parchment on her clipboard and began scribbling furiously.

"The girls are fighting, noooo," Dean whispered to Y/N, as the two of them burst into silent giggles.

Looking supremely unconcerned, Professor McGonagall addressed the class once more.

"As I was saying: the Vanishing Spell becomes more difficult with the complexity of the animal to be Vanished. The snail, as an invertebrate, does not present much of a challenge; the mouse, as a mammal, offers a much greater one. This is not, therefore, magic you can accomplish with your mind on your dinner. So- you know the incantation, let me see what you can do. . ."

"Yeah, so stop thinking about roasted potatoes and focus on the spell," Dean muttered to Y/N.

"Shut up, pigfart."

"Dunghead."

"Swamp rat."

"Clown face."

"Goblin shit."

"Miss Diggory, Mr. Thomas!"

Y/N and Dean went silent at Professor McGonagall's voice, both of them trying not to laugh.

Professor Umbridge did not follow Professor McGonagall around the class; perhaps she realised Professor McGonagall would not permit it.

She did, however, take many more notes while sitting in her corner, and when Professor McGonagall finally told them all to pack away, she rose with a grim expression on her face.

"Well, it's a start," said Ron, holding up a long wriggling mouse-tail and dropping it back into the box Lavender was passing around.

As they filed out of the classroom, Harry saw Professor Umbridge approach the teacher's desk; he nudged Ron, who nudged Hermione in turn, who then nudged Y/N, and the four of them deliberately fell back to eavesdrop.

"How long have you been teaching at Hogwarts?" Professor Umbridge asked.

"Thirty-nine years this December," said Professor McGonagall brusquely, snapping her bag shut.

Professor Umbridge made a note.

"Very well," she said, "you will receive the results of your inspection in ten days' time."

"I can hardly wait," said Professor McGonagall, in a coldly indifferent voice, and she strode off towards the door. "Hurry up, you four," she added, sweeping Harry, Y/N, Ron, and Hermione before her.

Harry could not help giving her a faint smile and could have sworn he received one in return.

When they walked down the lawns towards the Forest for Care of Magical Creatures, they found Umbridge and her clipboard waiting for them beside Professor Grubbly-Plank.

"You do not usually take this class, is that correct?" Harry heard her ask as they arrived at the trestle table where the group of captive Bowtruckles were scrabbling around for woodlice like so many living twigs. Y/N's face lit up.

"Quite correct," said Professor Grubbly-Plank, hands behind her back and bouncing on the balls of her feet. "I am a substitute teacher standing in for Professor Hagrid."

you're my chosen one ║ harry potter x readerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara