I look at my phone and smile as I see Tyler's number. "Hello?"

"Good evening, beautiful. How was your day?"

"Very tiring. This next event will be huge. But how was yours?"

"I was going to go to your house in a bit to give you news, but I'll let you rest up."

"That's fine. Come on over. I'm excited to hear what you have to say."

"Okay then. Have you eaten? Chinese food tonight?"

"Do you know how many calories you get in just a spoonful of chow mein?"

"Who cares!" I laugh along with him and he gently says, "What would you like to eat tonight, sweetheart? Dinner is on me."

"I don't know. How does Subway sound like?"

"Sounds good! What sandwich would you like?"

"The vegetarian sandwich with the flatbread." I can hear Tyler laugh and I know this is because of my new dietary habits. He still doesn't believe I'm a vegetarian.

"Alright then. I'll be there in a little. Prep up two glasses of wine, honey."

"Say no more."

He arrives right when I'm done setting up our drinks. It's no big dinner but our hearts are big enough as I wrap my arms around his shoulders. With one hand, he returns my embrace and says, "How are you, sweetheart?"

I give him a kiss and playfully take the Subway bag from him. "Hungry."

"You know, I think you're hungrier because you turned into a vegan—"

"Vegetarian."

"You need that meat in your system! So I got you a side of beef just in case I convince you." Tyler takes out a small container and I laugh.

We decide to eat on the couch as I put on my favorite baking show on Netflix. I watch with much concentration and I sense Tyler watching me with a quiet smile.

I do a small giggle at a comment that a baker did and look back at Tyler's shining eyes. "What is it?"

"Thank you. For giving me a second chance to see your beautiful smile every day. I promise I won't let go this time. I'll never leave..." He finds my hand and gives it a tender squeeze.

My heart dances at his words and I forget about my show. I forget about my food. I forget about the next big event. All I have is him.

My heart brings back the amazing flutters I get whenever I kiss him as I taste his lips. I love him. How could I forget that?

Tyler turns and I put my sandwich on the side. But it falls and spills some lettuce on the floor. I pull away from his electrifying kiss. "Awh man! Hold on." I quickly pick it up and look for the broom.

Tyler stands to get the small pieces of lettuce left and says, "No need for a broom, honey. I got it."

"You sure?" I say as I come back from the garage. I inspect the wooden floor but he blocks my view as he stands in front of me. My eyes slowly go up to his and a warm shiver goes down my spine. Just like that night, I want all of him...

My heart starts to pound as he wraps his strong arms around my waist. I'm left breathless as his breath finds my neck and I wrap my arms around his neck.

His eyes land on my lips and then on my chest. There's a small glint to his want and it brings a smile to my lips.

But he's afraid. I don't understand why. So I burn my eyes in his and say, "Penny for your thoughts?"

"I..." He almost seems shy as he says, "I want you, Tessa, but...I'm not sure if we can."

"Why not?" I say with a scoff. "Who's stopping you?"

He hesitates before saying, "God..."

I stop the angry flip in my stomach. I clear my throat and gently say, "What will God say? We are still married."

"But we've been separated for a long time. It's like we—"

"The past is in the past. I wouldn't be here with you if I let the past haunt me still." I let a smirk start on my lips as I softly say, "What are you waiting for?"

Not another word and his lips crash into mine. My every sense ignites and it sends the world twirling. The television is still on but the only thing I hear is our breaths and our footsteps trying to go to my room.

At last, I feel him. Every single part of him turns one with me all over again. And just like that, my heart begins to sing to his melody. Our bodies move to every strong stroke and every beat of the love we've shoved away so deep.

Then the world is quiet as I lay on his chest. The rhythm of his heart is all I hear as my heart combines with his. Tyler gives my head a soft kiss and his words are enough to convince me to risk it all for him. To let my walls down. To try again. Just as he did for me.

"Who needs music when I have you? I love you more, Tessa. Music doesn't make sense without you."