Chapter Twenty-Seven

chapter twenty seven // marry me?

──────────────────────────────────────────

It was the second day of our expedition. We have lost over 5 men yesterday. It was a tragedy, indeed. Me and Hange are both uninjured, I have a couple bruises from the Titan grab, other than that I'm pretty good.

I'm more scared than ever. I've already took a bath at the nearby river and freshened up. "Y/N! Are you ready? We're gonna get deployed to our next location soon. They said it's crawlier with Titans than the last crawly Titan location." Eren yelled, calling to me grabbing my gears.

"I'll be there in a bit! Have you seen Hange?" I has asked. "Uh.. Yeah! She's getting ready with her horse." said Erwn, I nodded. "Thanks~" I replied, he raised a thumbs up and took my ODM gear and went along with him.

To be honest, I'm damn nervous. Crawlier than crawly, huh.. The fact it's with many abnormal Titans kind of creeps me out. We'd be losing many soldiers, great great amazing soldiers. While we've lost so many yesterday, who knows how many will fall today.

It worries me that it could be either of me and Hanger, after all. We did say we'd raise this hell of a child together. At this point? I'm not too salty about it anymore. Sure, it may be Levi's but he didn't raise it with me so I don't consider him a father.

Having two moms is great, two cool moms.

"HEYYYY Y/NNNN! ARE YOU READDDYYYY?!" Hange screamed from the mini stables we set up. I giggled and replied: "Yes love I am. I'm pretty nervous but excited. It's the second day already, what if we don't catch our final abnormal?" I has asked. "Then I have no problem with that! If not then oh well, at least Sawney and Bean have two new awesome friends." She smiled.

"You have a point, Titans are damn weird, aren't they? What kind of Titan are you looking to capture?" I asked. "One with large eyes~ I wanna put some of it's eye mucus into my special potions~" Hange sang, I laughed.

"You have the weirdest experiment ideas." 

"I know, now. We're getting deployed soon, let's go!" said Hange.

"I love you." 

"Oh! I love you tooo! So so much~"

And there started the second day of the expedition. Theres already shivers down my spine. I really hope this goes well.

"READY? Offer your hearts!" Erwin had yelled before shaking our horses' reins and moving off into the distance, quite far than our location yesterday. 

One thing I've taken note of in my past expeditions is that the most beautiful places lurk with the most dangerous creatures. We were approaching an area where lies the greenest of trees, fresh air. But in the depths of the beauty in this land lies the scent of deadly Titans, death, blood, murder.

It is terrifying, terrifying how any day we can lose someone so important to us out of nowhere and we could do nothing about it, not even mourn. This is the reality we live in, a reality where at the moment, there isn't such a thing of peace, freedom. 

However, we have to accept it. Which is the hard part. How could a person ever accpet this brutal reality? But, we have to. We have to do it to survive and for the sake of humanity. For the sake of freedom. 

Why must we live in this world? Why is there such of Titans, we have yet to figure that all out. This all happened for a reason and not out of the blue, right?