Retribution and a Revived Frat Boy

Start from the beginning

The atmosphere was broken when both girls felt something calling out to them, Misty feeling it with more intensity than her younger sister. She opened her eyes and stood as Angel dogeared her book and set it beside herself.

"What is that?" Angel asked, looking at Misty as if she had the answer.

"I'm not sure lil bird. But something's telling me to follow it and find out." Misty replied, sending her sister a reassuring smile when seeing the uneasiness on her face. "Don't worry. I'll be fine and I'm sure I won't be gone long." Angel's eyebrows furrowed even further in concern.

Misty approached her sister and gently brushed stray hairs away from her eyes, sending her a soft smile. She gently placed her hand on her cheek and leaned down to place a kiss on her forehead. "I promise ya, I will be back." she spoke with strength and determination, "Nothing can keep us apart. Now, just stay here and wait up for me. Maybe ya can make that veggie soup of yers I like so much while I'm gone, hm?" Misty offered, knowing that keeping Angel's mind occupied on a task was the best way to keep her from worrying herself into a spiral.

Angel nodded, keeping her eyes on her older sister; her rock, her foundation. Misty smiled back at her and gave her another kiss on the crown of her head before heading off in the direction she was being pulled. Angel didn't move from her spot until she could no longer see Misty through the treeline. She sighed loudly and got up, beginning her task of harvesting the vegetables necessary for tonight's dinner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Look, okay, may-maybe it would have been better for you to stay dead. I don't know. But I couldn't forgive myself if I didn't try." Zoe exclaims trying to get the revived Kyle to calm down and understand what was going on with him. She sets her sights back on the road.

"I forgive you." Misty says rising from the shadows of the backseat of the vehicle.

Zoe screams in fear and surprise, swearing the car haphazardly before correcting the car, causing Kyle to scream in response.

"Even though you drew me out here." Misty continues calmly. "Turn around. Make a right." Misty says, guiding Zoe and the revived back to her home in the swamps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I got it! I got it!" Angel exclaims, running into the shack, a bucket full of Louisiana swamp mud hanging from her right hand. "Here ya go." She says, placing the bucket on the floor down by her sister. She cautiously walks around the two newcomers and sets herself on the edge of the bed, next to the radio playing Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac and watches as her sister begins to apply it all over the deep scars surrounding the young man's joints.

"Do you really think that's going to work?" Zoe asks, glancing back and forth between the two blonde sisters.

"I know it will." Misty replies confidently.

"That stuff is the shit... literally." Angel chimes in with a smile. She likes this new girl, her aura is a bright array of blue, yellow and pink, all melding together like a smoothie. She knows she can trust this brunette standing in the middle of their living room.

Misty raises an eyebrow at her sister's language and forwardness. Normally, Angel wouldn't even make eye contact with a stranger and here she is smiling at one. She chuckles to herself before elaborating, "Louisiana swamp is full of spanish moss and alligator dung which have amazing healing properties. Mother nature has an answer for everything. Healed me when I was burned alive." Misty finishes softly. She glances over at her sister when she shrinks into herself over the memory of Misty burning at the stake. It's still a painful reminder to the young girl that she almost lost the most important thing to her.