C18||They Know

All of the gunshots stopped when Owen let out a loud laugh

All of the gunshots stopped when Owen let out a loud laugh. His amusement only made me angrier making my shield glow brighter than before. My glare towards him and his men hardened considerably.

"When he told me you had powers I didn't believe it. No no how could poor little Sage have powers. Surely I would know." Owen said coming up to the barrier. "But when he showed me that tape all I could do was stare in awe. He created the greatest weapon."

I don't understand. No one knew about my powers. I made sure of it. I was careful and I didn't tell anyone ever. Unless you were directly in contact when I was learning I do-

No.

No. No. No.

It can't be him. I killed him. I killed all of them.

Right?

"I am not a weapon for you to use." I spoke coldly. My eyes were still glowing bright as every never backing down from his stare. I put those thoughts in the back of mind.

"But you are. Wether you like it or not." Owen said angrily.

This only fueled my anger making my hand start glowing. Balls of bright green energy were in the palms of my hands glowing just as bright as the barrier. At this action Owen took a small step back. And that's where I caught it.

This whole time I thought his fear was of my brothers and father. Maybe even this so called boss he talked about. But it was neither one that he feared. It was me. He was scared of me.

"S-sage.." I heard someone whimper behind me.

It took everything in me not to turn around. I could recognize my twin's voice anywhere. I could practically feel their stare in the back of me head. Wonder and curiosity were coming off of them in waves. But if I so much as moved my head to look in their eyes I knew we would all be fucked. The only thing keeping us from either dying or getting taken was this barrier.

"Well look at that Sage your big bad brothers seem to be scared of you." Owen laughed.

"No they aren't." I said firmly.

"Yes they are. You should see their faces princess." Owen said tauntingly. "Go ahead turn around. Look at them."

"No."

"And why not huh?" Owen asked before turning his back to me.

One. Shut up.

"Is it because you already know what their faces look like." He said still not facing me. "Or can you hear their thoughts calling you a freak."

Two. Stop talking.

"Or, now humor me on this one princess. Are you using your freak powers to feel their fear." Owen asked finally looking at me. Before he hunched over and laughed.