She gave me another warm smile before typing some more on her computer. Eventually the printer behind her turned on and starting printing out sheets of paper. She went over to the printer and then came and handed me the pages that were once there.

"Here you go dear. The top right there is your locker and then that down there is your schedule and lunch period. If you have any questions you can ask me or your brothers here." She said her smile never faltering.

"Yeah no." I heard Marco scoff quietly behind me.

"Come on let's get you to your first period." Mario said ignoring our older brother.

I passed by the twins following my own to my first period. Matteo made sure to give me the 'if you need anything find me immediately' talk while his twin looked like he could care less. It wasn't long before he let Mario show me to my first lesson of the day. I had already missed a good chunk of it from getting my schedule but also my protective brothers monologue.

We went up two flights of stairs that led us the the Literature room. That was my first class everyday with someone named Mr. J.

"Alright Mr. J isn't that bad just make sure you participate every once in a blue moon but not too much because then he expects it of you. He usually has assigned seats so that doesn't matter but his class isn't hard just boring-" Mario explained as we made our way to the room.

To be honest I was half listening to his rant about my teacher. It seemed with every step I took my head would pound louder and louder with others thoughts. I could feel the familiar burn in my eyes indicating they were letting off their emerald green glow. I kept my head down trying to control the thoughts around me. Repeating my phrase in my head over and over till I calmed down. No emotion, No fear. No emotion, no fear.

"-and here is his class. If you need me I will be right down the hall in math." Mario finished with a small smile. I see we stopped at a door where I can see a tall African American man teaching at the front of the room.

I turned to my brother and game him a small nod with a ghost of a smile before walking into the room. At this all heads seemed to snap to me. It felt like the parking lot all over again but this time I knew they were just looking at me.

"I'm sorry who might you be?" The teacher asked.

"Your new student. Sage." I answered face and tone cold.

"Sage..."

"Roman"

Once the word left my lips chatter began to start all around the classroom. I paid no mind to their gossip but continued to stare at the teacher wishing for his next move. I wanted to get out of the spotlight as quick as possible and he sure as hell was taking his sweet time.

"Well Ms. Roman you may have a seat next to Aurora. Aurora please raise your hand."

Out of the corner of my eyes I saw a place hand shoot up. I looked to see a blond haired girl with dark roots in the second to last table. She was pale with a sun kissed rosy complexion. Her light hazel eyes glimmered with wonder as she stared at me. I made my way to the chair beside her finally being able to sit down. Once I did her happiness hit me like a truck.

I saw he hand scoot out in front of me. It took everything in me in that moment not to flinch away form her hand. I stared at it for a second before following her hand with my eyes all the way up her arm to meet hers.

"Aurora Johnson but everyone calls me Rory." She smiled.

I contemplated for a second before holding my breath and gently shaking her hand.

"Sage Roman" I said not returning her smile.

"I can tell we are going to be best friends." She smiled.

Hell no. I won't do that again. I already have my family to worry about getting close to. I won't every drag someone else into my mess. But even though I though and believed this I couldn't help but feel like she wasn't going to give up on being my friend. Stubbornness was coming off her in waves. She was about to say something else before she was interrupted my the door being slammed open.

"Late again Mr. Garcia."

"No Mr. J you are just too early." Said the boy with a scoff.

The similar voice sent a chill down my spine. I hesitantly looked towards the door to see brown eyes clashing with my forest green ones. And it was as if time stopped. 

A/N Hi Y'all. First off I want too say that I am sorry for not posting for the past few weeks. I just got back to school and stuff has been so hectic its not even funny. Also I have been thinking about my posting schedule and I have decided to post every Friday if possible starting next week. If not Friday then Saturday which gives me time throughout the week to get myself together lol. Secondly I want to thank you for 28.1k reads. THATS CRAZY! not to mention all of your comments and stuff which make my day honestly.

 But yeahhhhhhhhhhh how did you like this chapter????? we got some new characters coming in!!!!!!!!!!!

Also someone asked when the family will be finding out about sages powers and Idk if I said this already but it will be fairly soon. I just need to do like a few more things to line the story up and then yeah lol. 

Sorry I know that was a lot but HAVE AN AMZING WEEK LOVES<3