"Blake!" I hear a familiar voice call behind me that makes me stop in my tracks. I groan to myself knowing who it is and slowly turning around.

With that, my body is faced towards the boy I finally got out of my life after a year of straight torture. Grayson McCleran was the reason my white pillow was stained with mascara so many nights freshman year of college.

"I'm so glad I saw you today," He rambles out of breath, "I've been trying to get a hold of you for months."

"Grayson, you haven't been able to get a hold of me because I've blocked you on everything. We broke up half a year ago, you need to move on." I tell him, keeping my distance. Grayson was a hothead that could erupt at any moment.

"Oh come on babe, you know I never meant to hurt you..." He mumbles under his breath, acting as one of this man's many talents, and he knew how to fool anyone.

"You did though. You cheated, you lied, and you made me feel shitty our whole relationship. You were so toxic Grayson, I didn't want to deal with it anymore."

His words of apology meant nothing to me, he was the most manipulative person. His changes in personality were quick and unpredictable.

"Oh fuck off with that bullshit, Blake. You know I loved you." He snaps harshly, I immediately flinch back.

"You don't forget about a person you love, Grayson, and that night? You forgot about me." I whisper, looking at my feet.

"Blake, how many times do I have to say sorry for you to take me back? You're being so damn difficult!" His voice started to rise and my hands started to shake. He yelled throughout our entire relationship. He was jealous, he was angry, and he didn't know how to control his emotions in the slightest.

"Grayson, please stop contacting me. It's freaking me out." I tell him calmly, trying to subside any anger that is awoken inside him. He does scare me, any type of abusive relationship leaves scars. The things he would say to me, the dismissive personality, the way he made me feel like an object...

"At this point, Blake, you need to get over yourself. She didn't mean anything to me, you know that I've told you that-"

"No." I interrupted him immediately, not wanting to listen to his bullshit anymore. I have no obligation to forgive him for what he did.

"What did you just say to me?" He says lowly and aggressively. He starts to step closer towards me as I step farther away from him. I feel a twist in my stomach, there is nobody in the courtyard around us at this particular time. I'm scanning my eyes around the area looking for anyone who could help.

"I- Uh- said no. I said no." I stammer, looking back at his brown eyes, my dark green ones full of fear. He takes in my expression and smirks, thriving off of it.

"Are you testing me, you little bitch?" He growls at me, standing dangerously close.

I couldn't even respond, I was frozen in my place. I didn't know the correct way to get out of this. He stood there, towering over me. His gaze was powerful and it made me feel so weak.

I should've just gone along with what he said and I could've avoided this.

"Now what do we have here?" A third voice calls from a few feet away. I immediately turn my head to see the boy standing at my side: Harry Styles.

Grayson tears his eyes from mine and meets Harry's. Grayson is an inch or two shorter than Harry and a little less toned. Grayson was fit, but Harry fought for a living, he was outmatched. I let out a sigh of relief now being in the safety of Harry's presence.