CHAPTER 46

Jake kept himself under the shadows, waiting for something to happen inside. He tried to look for any opening that will give him visual any visual inside the building and found nothing. He really might have been just early enough. But if this is something important people should have come way earlier also to secure this location. He knew nothing about what is going on or what will occur in this place, he just knew Nemesis might show up tonight. That was what his informant told him nothing else.

Athena thought about tonight. She has her own intelligence and channels about things around her. She found out Jake is going to be on that location. The very location she has to get to before he gets himself killed and before Nemesis gets exposed and maybe killed,too. Tonight was a trap, that she knows for sure. But she can't let Jake be caught in between her and her enemies. She knew when she left Jake, he would be more focused on catching Nemesis- her, she can't get him exposed any further to this. She has to get him out and finish the job - the hunting game of her would-be-killers. 

She is driving a little too fast for the speed limit, she didn't want to draw any attention from the police or anything, but at the same time, she is trying to beat time- which she doesn't have much left.

***********************************************

Jake heard the sound of tires screeching and then stopping. Two cars. He looked and saw two men came out of a dark SUV and four men came out of a van that looks more like a delivery van. He doesn't recognize any of them - but one thing is sure, they are all not  from within the law enforcement community. Not at all.

He heard them start walking towards the building, the sound of a lock being open, then a sudden closing of the metal door. Still there was no light inside, he saw lights coming from their mobile phone - they seem to use it to light up their way in. 

He heard someone talking on his phone while the others stood. Four was inside and two stayed outside guarding the entrance.

Jake stayed still and waited. None of them looked like Nemesis to him. At least that's what his gut says. 

********************************************

Athena reached the location, she parked her car far enough so no one would notice her, she has to walk then to reach the building.

Up ahead, she saw two cars parked - she wanted to go around the building and looked around where she can do that without getting noticed.

She knew Jake is somewhere here also, maybe hiding and watching also. She felt something in her pocket and made sure it was there, first she has to find him first before anybody takes notice of his presence- then hers.