THREE. olivia

JULY 31ST

     OLIVIA was on her way to the cafe, again, to try to actually write today. or at least get a good lunch in before her pissed manager evelyn would be contacting her.

she was going to write at the cafe the previous day, but after seeing florence she freaked out, it was horrible timing, she was just thinking of the girl when she had bumped into her, and the interaction was so so awkward, but she was trying not to think of it.

olivia wouldn't quite be able to get the interaction out of her head anytime soon, but forcing herself to write would temporarily distract her enough.

when she opened the door to the cafe, the bell at the top of the door chiming, she was hit with the cool breeze of air conditioning, and the smell of coffee.

olivia sat down at a table, running her fingers through her loose hair, before grabbing her notebook out of her bag, and trying to write.

olivia hummed out a tune for a few seconds, trying to come up with lyrics, when she heard a familiar voice.

"hailey," the voice whined, "she's late again. i'm gonna leave in a few, it's been almost a half an hour, i'm just gonna come to your place."

olivia looked up, and saw florence, again.

apparently florence was as big a fan of the cafe as olivia was, seeing as she was there again.

maybe i should talk to her, olivia thought, she's not gonna want to see you, though.

but i want to see her.

olivia, don't be selfish. leave florence be.

olivia looked back down at her notebook, starting to doodle things a bit, which was one of her anxiety habits.

suddenly olivia was hyper aware of everything going on, the fact her makeup was smudged, how many people were in the cafe with her, the tapping of feet, and she felt like she was gonna be sick.

olivia grabbed a hair tie off her wrist and pulled her hair into a low ponytail, and as she was about to get up she heard a voice clearing their throat.

"hi," florence said carefully, and olivia looked up, making eye contact with the redhead.

"hi," olivia responded, spinning one of her silver rings on her index finger, and biting her bottom lip nervously.

"can i sit here?" florence asked, and olivia nodded, a light smile appearing on her face.

"of course," she responded, and the girl smiled back at her.

"how have you been?" florence questioned, and olivia shrugged lightly.

"i've been fine, how about you?" she asked in response, and florence smiled.

"i've been pretty okay," florence said genuinely, "i'm so happy to live in the city, it's been really great here so far,"

olivia smiled a genuine smile, she was happy for the girl, and that she was able to live in the place she had wanted to and loved it.

"are you living in the city too?" florence asked, and olivia nodded, sipping her iced coffee.

"i am!" olivia smiled.

"we need to hang out sometime, my friends venus and hailey are the best, you would love both of them," florence said, and olivia smiled.

"that sounds really fun, i should bring iris and madison," olivia laughed, and florence nodded, a smile on her face.

"definitely!" olivia smiled, "we can get food and do a movie night, or something,"

"that sounds so much fun," olivia admitted, and for a second she forgot they were exes.

until a girl started clearing her throat from behind florence, an impatient look on her face.

"hi," the girl said bitterly, making no attempt to be nice, as she stared impatiently at the conversing pair.

"this is emily," florence said hesitantly, and olivias smile slowly faded, "my girlfriend,"

"oh," olivia forced out, trying to appear as polite as possible, "i'm olivia, it's nice to meet you!" the brunette fake smiled, it was believable enough looking.

"you should sit with us, for a bit!" florence suggested, emily rolling her eyes and olivia grimacing slightly, but agreeing.

"of course," olivia nodded, "that sound so fun!"

olivia grabbed her phone out of her purse, and rushed out a quick text to her best friend madison, fuck. 911 florence + her ex r having lunch w me help me ugly help me!!$(8474

shit, madison texted back, um um ym. pick up when i call u ?!

olivia sat down at the bigger table that emily and florence were seated at, preparing herself mentally for small talk with her exes girlfriend.

"so," emily drawled out, "how long have you and florence known each other again?" she questioned.

"3 years," florence cut in before olivia could respond.

"yup," olivia laughed awkwardly.

"are you seeing anyone?" emily asked snobbishly, and florence sighed under her breath.

"not at the moment!" olivia smiled, still trying to keep a calm face on, and praying for madison's long awaited phone call.

"huh." emily shrugged, "you would think you'd be over florence by now, like how she's over you,"

olivia grimaced, but kept a forced smile up.

florence opened her mouth to speak again, when her phone started ringing.

she grabbed it off the table, apologizing quickly before answering the facetime call.

"holy shit!" madison exclaimed when her face appeared on the screen, and olivia tried not to laugh at the scene going on.

madison was in her pajamas, even though it was later in the day, and was running down a street in new york.

"i got fucking robbed, olivia!" madison screeched on the phone, "the robber's literally in my place i swear to god! i just saw him on my ring, what the fuck?"

florence and emily stared at olivia (and her phone) in disbelief, and florence realized that madison was saving her from the situation.

"oh my god, mads," olivia replied, "i'll be right over, you can come to my place and we'll file a police report,"

madison nodded on the screen, and olivia hung up, before gathering all of her stuff together.

"i'm so sorry i have to cut this short," olivia apologized, "i have to go help my friend out, and make sure she's okay,"

"no, no," florence rushed out, "don't apologize, we totally understand, right, em?" she looked over at her girlfriend, who merely shrugged lightly, paying no attention to the ongoing conversation at all.

"we should do this another time," olivia rushed out as she gathered her stuff, a polite smile on her face.

florence nodded, emily still looking on her phone, and olivia left the cafe.

thankuthankuthanku she texted madison, ur the best i love u!!

ofc bestie madison texted back, btw i'm omw to ur apartment i'm bored !

olivia laughed, and hailed a taxi back to her apartment.

[ authors note ]
hihi short filler update
sorry this kinda sucks :(

i'm slightly on semi hiatus
atm but i'm still gonna be
updating everything :D