An organization only meant for the elites, the kids of high societies coming from wealthy families with direct political involvement took shelter in this establishment. And I am no exception to that.

But still, the path to get in wasn't all money and power. The acceptance rate is less than one percent. There are three branches of the institute scattered over the country each focusing on a particular field . Considering the pivotal role of this academy the strength of the student body wasn't more than 100 in each branch. But these hundred students had to pass the vigorous tests - physical and mental, compete with high IQ peers, the brains who were trained by world-class trainers for the exam from the day they started walking.

The competition is insane.

But I, Asteria Blisse Williams got in.

I was meant to get in. That was anticipated. But getting in at the age of seventeen was a plus.

Normally eighteen was the age at which the candidates started their journey of appearing for the test but then getting accepted in their first attempt was rare. So qualifying at seventeen already made me popular among other students aged between eighteen to twenty-one (twenty-one being the age limit. )

" Ready to sign in for the bright future ...?" My friend Eden Soliel asked who was sitting at the back of the car with me. She was one of the closest friends and roommates of mine. After all, we trained for this exam in the same school for three years.

I nodded and returned her beautiful pearly white smile as the driver parked the car in the parking and we both got out of the car bidding farewell to the driver. It bewildered me how she managed to even fabricate that heart-touching smile and hid the scars of the wound that was inflicted upon this fine lady of twenty when she was just seventeen.

" That fake smile begs to differ, miss " I replied truthfully folding my arms in front of my chest as we walked through the building. It wasn't our first time here after all we've given our exams here.

Her cheerful expression changed as soon as I made the remark showing how I could feel her uneasiness . But she remained silent.

" Ugh just tell me why you dread this contract already ?! " I groaned as I unfolded my arms.

After passing the exam all the selected students are expected to sign a contract with the institution. It demands some harsh things since the students are agreeing to work confidentially under the government . Naturally I am curious to see what it is especially seeing how Eden gets uncomfortable when questioned about the contract.

It makes me nervous too since she's done this before. She has been to the YE academy before, she was among one of the youngest ones to be there. It was two years back to be specific. But something, something happened two years ago that she had to start all over again. That meant going through this whole pain-in-the-ass situation once again. Although no one knows what exactly happened.

Just one day she returned back to the training school with a lot of rumors following her reappearance. That was my first day at the school and my first interaction with her. Not only did it prove to be the beginning of our kinship but also the starting of nasty lies about her arrival. Some said that she was caught cheating in the exam, some said she slept with one of the teachers and later accused him of rape and the list goes on.

But I never believed any of this bullshit. I just couldn't. From my assessment, there's something much deeper than these petty lies. There's something in her eyes that makes it look like those innocent orbs enclose the secrecy of some dark things that are too dark to meet the light of the world.

"Just sign it without thinking about it much " she replied with a bitter tone. That's always what she ever replied with.

" We'll see " I added moving my eyes away from her. Although a few months ago I was dying to get in , to be accepted into the university but when I finally made it , the consequences scare me.