Re-Champions ??

After a moment or two Shanks regained himself. Turning towards you he pulled you into a bone crushing hug. After a few seconds you begin tapping his shoulder "Shanks....Shanks I... can't... breathe."

Hearing your plea he pulls away. He has a sheepish grin upon his face. "Heh sorry Y/n didn't mean to strangle you." His hand is rubbing the back of his neck quite nervously. "So you're probably wondering what that great reason was... Aren't you?."

"Yes, it would be nice to know why I had to kiss a considerably handsome man in his late thirties" you said with a cheeky grin plastered on your face. To your blatantly obvious compliment his cheeks flush a shade of dark red. He really didn't know how to respond to you complimenting him. He doesn't get that often. And from beauty like you was really quite rare.

"Ahem, well I think I'll start from the beginning. There was a time where pirates ruled. It was a nice time for pirates sure they were hunted down, but they were free. Then the Pirate King was executed and so the era of pirates began. Everyone wanted to find the one piece, a treasure left behind by the Pirate King. Anyone who find that treasure was to be the new Pirate King, and change the world as we knew it. But there was someone who didn't want that to happen. She was a grandmaster. A witch. She was the Witch of Misfortune." To that your eyes widened for a fraction of a second. So it was Her. You had your suspicions after that tattoo but this confirmed it. No one noticed your minor reaction and no one needed to know you knew more than you let on.

Shanks continue oblivious to your revelation. "She hated pirates to the core, didn't like the site of them. So she did what any capable witch could do. She cursed us, she cursed us bad. Turned us all into servants.... slaves for anyone who could awaken us." He stopped to look at you making sure you were still following. You were, you had a sorrowful expression on. This wasn't fake in any way you truly felt guilty for what had happened to them.

"When I get my hands on her I'll kill her." Your guilt turning to anger real quick. Shanks and Zoro appreciated the gesture but really didn't want for you to get hurt.

"Master we really like that you want to kill her for us but we don't want to see you get hurt." Zoro spoke softly. As if something snapped in your head you remembered to get back into character.

"I-I know but she did such horrible things to you guys." you had never been so thankful for your superior acting skill. Otherwise you just might be screwed. Zoro put a comforting hand on your back rubbing soothing circles to calm you down. "Okay Shanks what else is there." You spoke urging him to explain what else happened.

"Well there was also a war. After people had obtained Champions there was a new struggle for power. The more of us you had the more powerful you were. I don't want to get into detail but long story short the big bag guy was defeated. Only after around two decades later did we Champions discover something....we could break free from our masters. Everyone that knew how did but there was a price to pay. There's always a price to pay. We slowly died without our masters." Taking a glance at you, you had hot tears steaming down your face. It held so many emotions, sadness, pity, anger and even if it was buried deep down guilt. Shanks opened his arm and you entered his embrace. Clinging to him like he was your life line.

Resting his head on top of your shaking form he spoke again." When you found me I was about to die. My time was up, usually when a Champion is in that state they can't be saved but somehow you did." Shanks had a content smile on his face.

Zoro took it as his que to continue the explain. "When a Champion gets rid of their Master they become Rogue. When Rogue there's only two ways to escape it. Firstly live out your life slowly dieing and disappear from existence or become a re-Champion. Re-Champions are like Champions but they have slightly more restrictions. For example if they were to turn back into their plushie form a certain action must be performed. But the most deadly part of being a re-Champion is that your master dies so does the Champion."

You lifted up your head to look in Shanks eyes to confirm what Zoro just said. All he did was give you a general smile and a soft head nod. "I'm sorry so very sorry." your voice was a ghost of a whisper but Shanks still heard you. He just embraced you tighter as of saying it's all okay through his actions.

After a few more minutes of silence you finally broke out of Shanks' grasp. Putting on a happier face you started "Well then Shanks welcome to the crew but I think me and Zoro have to go home before Kid decides to rip the house apart." You say with a chuckle at the end.

"I guess I'll have to go home too
Y/n." you both wave goodbye to each other. Both going in opposite directions. You and Zoro were having a relaxing walk back home. It wasn't actually too far from home that alleyway.

*Bring*

*Bring*

"Hello Y/n speaking." You said quite calmly this was a number you never saw before.

"Y-Y/n I need you to go back to the alleyway" Shanks struggled to say on the other side of the line.

*Beep beep*

The line went dead. Now you were worried. Without a second thought you gripped Zoro's hand that you were holding and sprinted with him back to the alley. It seems were going to have a tiny problem.