kiss and make up - Lando Norris

a/n: ok last one for now, will try not to be gone for as long as a year like last time hehe sorry

Word count: 700

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You and Lando hadn't talked all morning. You'd had a stupid argument about, well he wasn't even sure to be honest. He felt like banging his head against the wall just to see if it would make you notice him. He hated the silence the most, he was used to you joking around with him and all he wanted to do was kiss and makeup but instead he felt like you might break up. Over an argument he couldn't even remember.

Now he was at this stupid party, making awkward small talk and watching you laugh and joke with your friends when it should have been you spending time with him. He clutched his drink harder as he watched some guy, he didn't know make you laugh the way he normally makes you laugh.

"You alright mate?" George asked curiously as he watched Lando try and swallow his anger whilst watching you talk to someone.

Lando sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "Yeah mate, just not enjoying this party much" He replied.

George chuckled slightly, Lando was an open book, especially when it came to jealously, and as they had been friends for a while, George wasn't sure why he wasn't just honest with him, everyone got jealous, and George would for sure be jealous if some guy was making his girl laugh like that when he was across the room.

"Why don't you just go and talk to her?" George queried and Lando looked at him surprised, "she's your girlfriend mate, she's not going to run off with someone else, at least while you're in the same room" George joked, trying to lighten the mood but seeing Lando's expression his laughter faded quickly.

"Yeah, you're right actually" Lando replied and handed George his drink before weaving his way between the people as he made his way over to you.

"Hi baby" Lando said sweetly as he reached you. Thankfully you smiled gratefully at him and Lando knew he had misread the situation from across the room, you were being polite, and you were glad he was here to help you. "Can I steal my girlfriend quickly mate?" Lando asked the guy, who shot him a dirty look but relented and let him lead you away to a quiet corner.

"You ok?" Lando asked but you had dropped his hand as soon as he had turned round to speak to you. He wasn't forgiven just yet then. He wrapped his arm around your waist and pulled you close to him. "Why are you being like this?" Lando asked this time and you sighed in response.

"I just want to work this out baby, I don't want to break up" Lando tried again, and you looked at him surprised, you clearly didn't agree with him that it felt like you were breaking up.

"I wouldn't break up with you Lando" you said after you looked up at him and he noticed how your eyes were softer this time. "I just feel lonely sometimes when you're off travelling the world and forget me at home" you continued and Lando's heart broke as he looked at your sad expression. Your argument made sense now, you were just angry about something else.

He lent down and kissed you passionately. "Come with me to every race then" he exclaimed when he pulled away and you giggled shyly at his suggestion shaking your head in the process.

"You know I can't" you replied more seriously this time and he could tell from your voice that the same argument was threatening again.

He was going to try and different tactic. "Let's head home and try and work this out" Lando's eyes glistened dangerously, and you could immediately feel the butterflies in your stomach at what he was suggesting, "and we can decide whether you'll come racing with me tomorrow once the alcohol has worn off" he continued, knowing full well neither of you were drunk but he just wanted to take you home.

You nodded, the blush covering your cheeks giving your feelings away. It was all the confirmation Lando needed to take your head and lead you outside and back to your shared flat.