Part 1

As I sit here waiting, I start to think maybe she isn't coming. It's been two hours past the time she was supposed to be here. I knew she was gonna be late, she texted, " I'm going to be a little late my boss is making me stay late, I need to go to the shop to get my hair done, sorry." That was fine though I still needed to finish setting up anyways.

  After a while, I called her, it went straight to voicemail. I texted her, it says she read the messages, but she hasn't replied. The last text she read was over an hour ago. "Text me when you're almost here." was the message read.

I sat there trying to eat some of the food though all I really did was pick at it lost my appetite after a couple of bites. Then I heard a noise by the door, almost bolted to the door until I realized it was just the balloons starting to deflate. I had gone to the store and got the balloons yesterday, did not think I wasn't gonna have time to buy them. While still being able to finish decorating today.

Thinking it was best to get away from the food, I blew out the candles. I went to the door, picking up all the presents on the ground, set them on the table next to the door. After that, I went to our room and looked around. The bed was still a mess from this morning. I don't know what I was looking for or if I should even be looking. I was looking for a reason why she didn't show tonight. All of her clothes are still here, no sign of her wanting to leave.

My pocket started to feel heavy so, I pulled out the box and opened it. A glistening diamond ring was staring back at me. We've been together for years. I thought it was time to put a ring on her finger. Guess I was wrong. I walked out of our room and set the ring on the kitchen counter.