chapter one

my name is Joe. I won't bore you with my life story but keep in mind that everything I am writing down in this book happened, everything I am about to tell you is 100% real. It all happened, every little detail. You might not believe me but I can say with complete confidence that you are in danger. You might not know it yet but they are after you. When you walk in the shadows and feel eyes watching your every move, you probably just brush it off as you think that monsters don't exist. That is always the wrong course of action, instead you should run for your life, as it almost certainly on the line.

Don't believe me, well that's what Sarah Clens thought as well. You might find that name familiar, it was in the papers a couple of years ago. At seventeen years old she had her whole life ahead of her instead she was found dead in the middle of the street. The papers reported it in great detail however there are some small details that they missed out. Like the fact that her head was smashed into unrecognisable pieces, her arms and legs were ripped out of their sockets and that their was no blood present at the scene. However that was just swept under the mat to keep everyone blissfully unaware of the horrors that exist just outside your window.

You might be wandering about how I know about this and all I can tell you is that I am a cleaner. Not in the sense of moping floors, no I clean up troubles that the government doesn't want the normal population to find out, and I was assigned to kill what had annihilated Sarah. This seemed to be one of my more easy jobs, a basic search and destroy. I had performed missions like this all the time before and thought that I could complete it in week. I was wrong. This job is what started everything that is going to happen to the normal people of the world, and if I don' tell you now it's going to be too late for you to do anything.

Before I begin I need to tell you something about myself. When this happened I was 16, if I was older I might have been able to have stopped it, but I was foolish and I ended up paying the price for my stupidity. The only reason that I was able to do the job as a cleaner is because of my power. I am a blood siren, a human that can control my blood outside of my body as well as making every creature alive crave my blood. Trust me it's an awful power. It causes extreme pain to me all the time however people always assume powers are like the ones in comics. They don't understand that in this worlds if you want something you have to exchange something else. With me it's the pain I feel when I use my power though I am one of the rare cases that someone is born with power.

From now on I am going to tell you everything about what happened. Remember everything I say is the truth and it will save your life if you continue reading.