thirty four -

EPISODE TWELVE
"they like guts"
SEASON 5

EPISODE TWELVE"they like guts"SEASON 5

GREY KINGSTON

today we're going on a run to a warehouse close by for some parts to fix the spotty electricity back in alexandria. eugene found the problem so we're bringing him with us since he's the most capable of figuring it out.

my eyes are closed as i rest my head against the inside wall of aiden and nicholas' van. turns out, besides being idiots, they're idiots who love dance music and they're blasting a party mix over the speakers right now.

once we get out of this thing, i wonder if i'll even be able to hear someone 2 feet from me, that's how loud the music is. we tell ourselves it draws the walkers away from alexandria, it does, but it's not worth destroying our hearing, or dignity.

a muffled yell of my name makes me open my eyes. tara is looking at me from across the backseats.

"what?" i lean forward.

"i said, do you want a twizzler?" she yells, holding up an opened package of candy.

"where do you keep finding these things?"

she shrugs her shoulders, and instead of answering me, just hands me a red rope.

the van comes to a stop and thankfully, so does the music.

"ladies and gentleman, we are here." aiden announces from the drivers seat.

i pop the twizzler in my mouth, holding it between my teeth as i unlock the backdoors of the van, allowing myself and my friends out.

we all start to gather our guns and bags as we scope out the flat building we're next to with our eyes.

"this is it?" tara asks.

"that's the warehouse." aiden nods. "looks like that door is our fastest way in and out."

"we should know all the exits first." glenn suggests. "so there's a plan if things go south."

"already got one!" nicholas turns around, a grin developing on his face. "it's called going out the front."

i roll my eyes as i listen in on what they're saying, "glenn's right, we should do a perimeter check."

aiden looks at me for a good while before nodding his head, "yeah, know our exits just in case."

we all disperse in different directions from the van so we can start a perimeter check. i head off with tara and eugene.