Chapter 21: Comfort

Start from the beginning

With a final exhale she continued. "Got transferred to many orphanages and foster care all were treated the same. Kids were like a chore for them and if they threw a fit it was even worse. I was a very rebellious child." It left a bitter taste on her buds and perked up from their locked hands to see how attentive he listened.

"Got a lot of scolding, was beaten and locked, that's why the nightmares," Shehraz picked their hands placing his warm lips on her cold skin which melted her heart.

"Until I turned 15 and someone adopted me his name was Omar," Jahanara sighed as Shehraz had a knowing look, aware of this person in Jahanara's life.

The worst was still left to be told.

"I was scared, worried and did not trust men but he was not like others. The only look I was aware of is lust in their eyes. But Omar's gave respect and kindness " she brushed the tear and sniffed as Shehraz leaned forward passing his glass of water to her as she gulped it in one go muttering a thank you.

"Omar took me in and treated me like a human. He taught me to read and write. Gave me a spark of hope that life will change. All the pain will be worth it," She paused. "My dream was short-lived he left for a while leaving me back in the hell hole and the owner he tried to rape me,"

Shehraz hands tightened on her not exactly hurting her as his heart thumped against his chest. His blood had started to boil in anger to the point his eyes turned slightly red. Someone laying a hand on his Jahan would have been six feet under the surface.

Jahanara sensed the anger radiating and smiled at his protective self, her thumb and forefinger straightening his brows.

"Frown does not suit your smile," She broke the silence. Instantly his lips curved the type that always took her breath away.

"You just have to say the word," He said worriedly. Jahanara bobbed her head knowing he would go to any lengths for her but all she wanted to do is to forget and move on.

"I escaped and Omar rescued me. No one believed him so he took his father's help who was a police officer himself and managed to press charges that did not last long though." She closed the distance resting her cheek against his chest.

"We were finally going to leave for Canada that night. Omar had gone for last-minute shopping and someone broke into our house. They caught me about to kill me when Omar came saving and died himself. I shot the guy back he was the same one who tried to rape me." Jahanara did not know but her tears had soaked his shirt. She had no clue how she spoke about it.

The lifetime pain she managed to tell had finally been lifted off her fragile shoulders.

Shehraz wrapped his arm around her she sobbed her heart out. Those days may be gone but can never be forgotten.

The scars were the living proof of her battle.

"You saw me instead of him," Shehraz finally understood. Her grey eyes turned almost black from fear the way she roamed her eyes, drinking his appearance as if she blinked Shehraz would disappear.

"Y-yeah," she admitted, hugging him back as her tears rolled off today. He rubbed her back and collected her gorgeous hair keeping them away from interrupting herself.

"It's so painful," she wept at this rate she might just get blind because of crying so much.

"I know baby I am sorry," He whispered.

"You mean so much to me you know that right?" She hiccuped pulling away as she gave a full-blown smile nodding his head rapidly.

"Of course he would not admire this handsome face," He teased with a playful smirk, making her snort at his cheesy line and attempt to flirt. Shehraz passed her his shirt to clean her tears as she willingly accepted it.

"No amount of words can describe the immense pain you went through. I want to let you know. You have me and everyone don't ever think you're alone," Shehraz said in a stern tone, wanting her to understand this.

If solace was a person it sure is Shehraz Ahmad.

A/N: Phew! This chapter was crazy long for me 2000 or the plus is way long! So I chopped it into two like you chop onions Lol! (Personal opinion before I get attacked about it 💀)

Anyways we know what happened to poor Jahan 😭😭😭🤧🤧

300 Reads ya all are crazy and I love you all for glancing at it or reading it like _raidha_ does absolute grateful for your time! Means a lot! <3 <3

Next chap coming in a few!

See ya beautiful people!