16 || Kiss It Better

Start bij het begin

He sighs, "I don't know but she called and we need to be there today." He then sends me a hard look. "You will take some medicine, we'll go to the meeting and if you still feel ill after, I'll bring you home, yes?" It isn't a question and with the way he's looking at me expectantly, I have no choice but to nod.

He raises a brow, "Am I understood?"

I sigh. "Yes." I mumble earning a nod of approval.

"Brava ragazza." He nods, "Now, eat your breakfast, take your medicine and go get dressed, Principessa. We can't be late. I have a couple meetings after." He says going back to his plate. (good girl)

And even the butterflies at him calling me a good girl don't triump the dread I feel at having to go into the principles office with Alessio of all people.

It was embarrassing enough being in there all the time -alone, I didn't need my future man there as well.

And just when I thought the universe was doing me a favor and sparing me a lifetime of embarrassment.

We reach the school well into first period and walk down the halls, practically dragging my feet. I was dreading this visit and trying to put as much time as I could between me and the headmistress' office.

I didn't like her.

She has always encouraged us students to call her by her first name- Maggie. But don't be fooled behind that preppy smile lies an evil nasty bitch.

The only thing she's good at is always making me feel inferior. Sure I'm not the smartest of students but that doesn't mean she can treat me like I'm dumb.

I already feel bad enough that I'm doing poorly in math, science and literature. I don't need anyone else breathing down my neck.

Plus I'm still a musical genius, but I guess that's not enough for Maggie.

Alessio strides ahead of me, confident and collected in his well pressed suit, as I linger behind him nervous and mad at the same time.

He opens the door for me, nodding for me to enter first and reluctantly I walk into the wretched office. The place that I've spent a lot of time feeling like absolute shit as she scolds me.

I'm a relatively good student - never late, I stay out of trouble and mind to myself. Yet she still finds a way to pick me apart.

'I'm not focusing enough in class.'

'My test answers are just completely off.'

'I should know the material.'

But I do try. I try my best to pay attention, I try my best and I already tear myself down when I realize how much of a failure I am, I didn't need her to do it as well.

Maggie glances up smiling at me before her eyes trail to Alessio, widening slightly. No doubt finding him attractive.

He's half your age back off.

She stands tall reaching her hand out with a bright smile. "So nice to meet you Mr...?"

Alessio merely nods, with that hard look on his face as he returns her hand shake. "Mr. Galanti. Pleased to finally meet you, Ms. Howard." His tone is polite and the way he speaks with a slight Italian accent is so hot, my insides melt.