"It's alright, I'm a big girl, I know the way", she said.

She knew she had gotten too vulnerable, too human and even though it had felt good, she couldn't stand being vulnerable to others, she couldn't let it happen again.

"Well, your choice", he said with a now cold tone.

"I really have to go now", she said, almost apologizing.

"See you around", he replied.

"Oh, I'm Amaya, by the way", she decided to say.

"Zia", he answered.

She smiled at him and began running, so she would reach the bus stop on time. As she started running, she heard something beautiful to her ears: Zia was laughing at the whole situation. And even though she didn't want to allow it, she couldn't help it but let out a weak chuckle.

Zia didn't know what to do. Had it been weird to offer her to walk her to the bus stop? What was she thinking right now? Would he ever see her again?

...

Amaya fell asleep as soon as her head had hit the pillow, but not without thinking about Zia first, that mysterious lake-boy she had just met.

After what seemed like 20 minutes for Amaya, something rang. It was her alarm. It was THE day, her first day on campus. She was trying to stand up, when her phone started ringing again, but it wasn't an alarm anymore.

"Hey girl, how are you? Where do you want to meet? Do you want me to pick you up?", a familiar voice said through the phone.

"Good morning to you too, Kayla", Amaya answered with a sleepy voice.

"You were sleeping? Get out of your damn bed and start getting dressed, I'll pick you up in 20", Kayla said, almost yelling.

Before Amaya could try to find and excuse, Kayla had already hung up.

"I can't believe this girl", Amaya thought, laughing at the situation.

She knew she should start getting dressed, but her mind kept wandering to those moments from the night before, or better said, from 4 hours before. She knew, that it was going to be really difficult for her to just forget about it for the rest of the day. She started getting ready and when Kayla came, she had already finished.

Meanwhile, Zia wasn't doing much better, he hadn't slept at all, and even though he didn't have school until 1 pm, he wasn't sure about anything anymore. He had tried to forget about that girl, Amaya, but she seemed so... She seemed so different, so interesting...

"Come on, get your thoughts together, you have school today and you'll probably never see that girl again. Just forget about it", he kept saying to himself.

Therefore, he decided to search for a job. He needed the money and thinking about that girl wasn't going to make him any richer. 

"Where were you yesterday? I called you at like 12 am or something, I couldn't sleep", Kayla asked with a doughnut in her mouth. 

"I can't believe you woke me up to eat breakfast at our workplace", Amaya sighed, ignoring the question her friend had asked.