Chapter 2

"He touched my soul long before I knew what his hands felt like."

-Nikki Rowe

"I might or might not have taken the bus...", she finally admitted.

"You're a little weird, aren't you?", he asked carefully.

She thought about it for a second and confirmed:

"Yes, one could say that".

Zia decided to sit on a rock and admire Amaya from there. Amaya knew there was enough space on the rock for both to sit on. She looked at him, smiled and sat down next to him.

"What are you doing?", he asked confused by that action.

"I didn't want to stand over there anymore", she justified looking at where she had been, barely some seconds before.

Zia didn't like the thought of being so close to people, physically speaking, so he was glad about the fact, that even though she was sitting on the same rock he was sitting on, she hadn't tried to get too close to him.

"I hate being close to people", Zia confessed, breaking the silence.

"Emotionally or physically?", she asked.

"Both", he answered.

"Good, because I hate it too", she admitted.

And so, they began talking about nothing and everything, about life and death, lights and shadows, angels and demons. Until...

"Wait! What time is it?", Amaya asked.

"I don't know, wait", Zia said, taking his phone out of his pocket.

As Zia looked at his phone screen he couldn't believe it. It was 4 am, already.

"So? What time is it?", she repeated.

"Well... It's really late", he started.

"How late?", Amaya insisted.

"It's 4 am", he finally said.

Amaya searched his eyes to make sure he was joking, but as her eyes met his, she noticed he wasn't. She couldn't believe it, it was already 4 am? She knew she needed to wake up in less than five hours for her first day of school, well, her first day in the "amazing Palo Alto University".

"I... I have to go", she admitted.

She didn't know if there were any buses driving that late, but she didn't want to ask Zia for a ride, so she stood up.

"Are you taking the 4:19 bus?", Zia asked.

He didn't want her to go, being with her had eased his rage and calmed him down. 

"I guess I am", she replied looking at him.

"Do you want me to walk you to the bus stop?", he offered.