21. Together (Firstfriendshipping)

(Hello everyone!
I'm back with another one-shot! :)
Pokemon is not mine, the picture above is a screenshot from the anime.
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

Ash sat down in the shared bedroom in the apartment, he had bought together with his husband. The thirty one year old soon turning thirty two was looking at the wall which held his badges, trophies and other achievements. He had enjoyed shocking Gou with all the things he had done as a teen. After the initial shock Gou just went with the flow and accepted whatever Ash said as the truth. Ash thought he had fallen in love with the dark haired boy at that moment.

Ash, 'Most people just ignored what I said as a tall tale till they went through the craziness with me.'

Pikachu, "Pikapi."

Ash smiled scratching him, "Hey there buddy ~"

Pikachu had grown old with time but there was not much difference in appearance with Pikachu. The little electric mouse was just as adorable as he was back when Ash was ten years old. What really changed was the air around Pikachu which spoke of power, experience and wisdom. Many Pokemon looked at the electric type with respect Ash had noticed.

Gou came in, "Ash, you ready?"

Ash, "Always love, just reminiscing."

Gou, "About?"

Ash, "Remember what I told you about the Charizard temple?"

Gou nodded, "Yes, I remember. Charizard stayed behind to become stronger."

Ash got up walking with Gou, "I was looking at the badges and just thinking about how I met him and the others."

Gou paused before speaking, "Good memories or the bad ones."

Ash, "It is a mix, you could say. Meeting Charmander in the position he was in was bad but I do not regret it. He is one of my best battle partner and friend."

Gou smiled, "And we are now going to meet his family."

Ash held the door open, "We came so far from that time."

Gou walked out, "All of us did."

Ash smiled grabbing his hand, "It also made me think of the first time I met you."

Gou laughed, "It was crazy and unforgettable experience."

Ash grinned, "Yes it was. I never met anyone else who would be crazy enough to jump on Lugia like that. I think I fell in love with you at that moment. Or at least I had a crush."

Gou was a little pink, "You.. I got a crush on you too that day. Like you said no else jumped on Lugia."

Ash, "Right? You were amazing and you actually listened to us and I mean actually listen. You did not just brush me off like a lot people did."

Gou shrugged, "No one else realized that you suck at lying and couldn't lie to save your life."

Ash, "I do not see why I should lie about it."

Gou, "It's not a bad thing in fact, I love you the way you are."

Ash grinned opening the car door, "After you, my love ~"

Gou snorted, "Of course."

The couple travelled to the airport in car before travelling by flight. They were met by Charizard and his mate outside the Jhoto airport. The two fire lizards had come to pick them up and flew to the Charizard temple together. At the temple Liza, her husband and her son were waiting for them alongside a few younger Charizards. Ash and Gou happily greeted them and were promptly engulfed by the younger Charizards who were happy to see them. They spent the week in Jhoto visiting old friends and places before returning home.

Ash, "I am very happy I met you."

Gou kissed him, "I am very happy I met you too."

Ash, "Let's visit Kalos next time. I want to check in on Goodra and Greyninja."

Gou, "Of course Ash, next holiday week will be in three months."

Ash, "I miss the old days when we were filled with more energy. I feel so old and get easily tired now."

Gou chuckled, "You are still pretty energetic now, do not worry. Last night, you were something else."

Ash looked at him, "I did not hurt you right."

Gou shook his head, "Of course not. I enjoyed it too, you know. I would have been pissed if you had stopped half way. Remember our first time?"

Ash grinned, "Yeah, we were fumbling about nervous of our first time together."

Gou snorted, "Yup only for it to turn into a fantastic night. It made me wonder if you had done it before."

Ash, "I did not, or rather was not interested in anyone that way before meeting you."

Gou laughed, "Even when half the people you met in Kalos were ready to throw themselves at you?"

Ash shrugged, "You can't help how you feel and mom always told me to be honest with my feelings. No matter what!"

Gou, "She is a smart woman, lying and pretending would have hurt them more."

Ash nodded, "Right? Also I do not think everyone I met in Kalos was interested in me."

Gou looked at him sighing, "I am not talking about the adults back then Ash. I am talking about the people you became friends with. Alain, Sawyer, Serena, Clemont, Korrina and even Aria and Miette."

Ash, "No way, we care about each other and I understand Clemont and Serena may develop feelings as we travelled but the others, no way."

Gou gave his husband an exasperated look, "You should give yourself some credit Ash. You are an amazing person."

Pokemon pov:

Cinderace sighed, -It is a wonder how they got together.-

Pikachu shrugged, -Ash fell in love first this time.-

Cinderace raised an eyebrow, -That makes a difference?-

Pikachu, -Yep, his heart was stolen first so it makes all the difference. Before it was Ash winning other people's heart.... Gou won his heart.-

Cinderace grinned, -That is my trainer. He is the best.-

Pokemon pov end!

Ash and Gou started to talk about their research work when Pikachu turned his attention back to them. Ash was now part of a field research team while Gou handled the more delicate parts of the research. Gary dropped in grateful time to time, to compare notes with them and exchange theories and make sure they were alive and eating. Misty and Brock would always fuss about their bad habits sometimes making Gou think about Ash's nicknames for them.

Flashback:

Ash, "They are like my siblings from another pair of parents. And we kinda get each other, you know? Kids who have broken families."

Gou, "You did travel together longer."

Ash, "Yeah and I always felt safe with them, they are the understanding big brother and short tempered yet protective sister I always wanted but never had."

Gou, "I understand what you mean. I always wanted siblings too as a kid. I used to be jealous of other kids who had older siblings they could count on."

Ash, "Well now you got Misty and Brock to worry over you."

Gou smiled, "Yes, I guess, I do."

Flashback end!

Ash, "You know I'm really happy we are together."

Gou looked at Ash, "No regrets."

Ash kissed him, "None!"

(To be continued..
I hope you all loved this sweet, fluffy one shot.
^ω^
I was inspired to write this all of a sudden while watching Pokemon Journeys!
≧ω≦
Till next time my lovely readers!)