Play for me

"Madam Akilah would like to see you

"Madam Akilah would like to see you." Croaked Pepper, her big eyes full of shame. Cassandra turned around to look at the house elf, showing off her black eye and cut lip. She opened her mouth to reply, but decided against it and instead just stood from the bed, with shaky legs and trudged out of her bedroom and into the hallway.

Her bare feet hit the cold floor softly, her shoulders slumped and her mind thought back to the past weeks of Summer. At least three times a week, Pepper would shyly knock on her door, telling her that her mother requested her presence. It was always Akilah prancing around her in glee, torturing the girl, while relishing in Cassies screams of pain.

Aurelia, Cassies little sister, would hear everything and run up to which ever room was the furthest away. She would bring a pillow and blanket with her, to curl up in and sob. Plugging her ears with her fingers, whispering to herself.

Oswald was in work most of the days, even though it was Summer. He would come home and search the house for Cassie, everyday. Hoping to find her in her room, playing chess by herself, reading or writing in her notebook, maybe even just cuddling her quaffle cushion. But anytime he caught a glimpse of her unmoving body, sprawled out on the floor, he would choke on his own tears and carry her away, holding her until she woke.

Akilah had also put a stop to any of her letters. Cassie hasn't spoken to anyone all Summer, making her feel lonelier than ever before. Some nights, she spends crying in her bed, wishing to go home, even though she was in her own bedroom. A couple of times, she'd cried so hard, her hair went up in flames and small sparks flew from her fingertips.

Pepper led Cassandra to a large wooden door, she went to open it, but instead stepped back and let Cass go in for herself. At this point, Cassies eyesight was blurry and a large lump took over half her throat, knowing what was to come.

When she finally stepped inside, she was met with silence, a loud silence. Cassie furrowed her eyebrows weakly and scanned the room. She froze when her eyes landed on Akilah.

Akilah was sitting in a large chair, with her legs crossed, a way she has tried to get Cassie to sit like for years. No words came out of her mouth as she smiled at her daughter, hardly moving a muscle. She looked crazed, insane even. Just as Cass took a step back, it was like her mother snapped out of a trance.

Akilah blinked and gracefully stretched her neck. She spoke with a delicate tone, as if everything was going to be ok, but so much so, that it caused Cassie to freak out even more. "I want you to play for me, just like you used to."

Cass, stood frozen and whispered to her. "What?" Her voice was shaky, scared of the answer. Akilah smiled at her and gestured over to Cassies old piano, on the other side of the room.

"Play for me." She stated, her expression unchanging.

As a child, Oswald discovered Cassandras musical talent. Cassie would play him piano every Monday and Thursday nights, before they went to bed. Of course when Akilah found out about her abilities, she was delighted that Cassie finally had something elegant to show off. She would make the girl preform, anytime any guests stayed over.