𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐈 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐎𝐊𝐀𝐘*

Start from the beginning

vinnie's eyes darkened as they trailed over the discolored skin that was slowly turning an ugly dark blue and purple. 

nyla swallowed, turning away from vinnie and mumbling an "i'm okay," as she grabbed her hoodie, about to put it on again. 

"stop it," vinnie said, grabbing the fabric and throwing it on the ground. "i told you to tell him it's over, didn't i?"

nyla nodded, unable to meet vinnie's eyes.

"then why didn't you?"

it was silent, nyla hesitant to answer.

vinnie looked at her, waiting for a response.

"i was scared of what he would do to me," she whispered, tears finally escaping her eyes and she wrapped her arms around vinnie, pulling him into a hug which he returned, his arms tight around her waist.

her body shook as she let out a sob, vinnie rubbing her back soothingly for a few minutes before pulling away from nyla and turning on the faucet next to her, waiting for the water to reach room temperature. 

"i'm gonna clean you up, okay? you can't keep the makeup on it forever."

"my arm too," nyla added, showing vinnie her arm, marked with the same blue and purple contusions. 

vinnie stiffened, but nodded, guiding her arm towards the faucet and using a bar of soap to wipe off the makeup and a smaller towel to clean and dry the injury up.

nyla sat on the counter, watching vinnie's focused gaze on her arm, making sure not to hurt her.

he did the same with her neck, his fingers soft and careful, making sure not to press too hard and also making sure not to get water all over the little clothing she was still wearing.

he used another cloth to dab the tears off nyla's face, kissing her cheek softly after he finished.

after she was dried off, vinnie stepped back, silently asking her if that was it.

nyla smiled at him, a small smile that didn't reach her eyes. "thank you. you didn't have to do this."

vinnie sighed, his hands trailing over nyla's bare thighs, goosebumps on her skin rising wherever he touched her. "i just want you to be okay."

"i am okay," nyla replied, grabbing onto vinnie's hand and pulling him closer to him, her arms snaking around his neck, her fingers lacing into his hair as she looked at him. "thank you, again."

vinnie's eyes fell to nyla's lips but quickly returned back up to her eyes. "you're welcome."

his tattooed hands gripped onto nyla's waist, thumbs massaging circles into her soft skin, nyla's hands running through his curly hair as they pulled each other even closer, their foreheads touching.

"i'm gonna kiss you," nyla breathed, waiting for vinnie to respond. 

"so kiss me."

her lips crashed into vinnie's without a second thought, kissing him roughly, vinnie's hands wrapping around her neck softly, forgetting about her bruises for a split second.

he quickly pulled away, his eyes flickering from nyla's neck back to her face, worried.

"we shouldn't- are you- i  don't want to hurt you," he said, eyes wide and concerned as he ran a hand through his hair, frustrated.

nyla grabbed his hand, holding onto him and rubbing circles into the palm of his hand, calming vinnie down. "you're not hurting me, plus i want-"

she stopped talking, clearing her throat as she looked away from the boy in front of her.