𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐈𝐓 𝐒𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄

warnings: an author who knows literally nothing about skating but tries to write a scene at a skatepark

• ★ •

this girl was really starting to get on vinnie's nerves.

the blonde had been following him around throughout the skatepark, since they were the only two there, trying to start up a conversation with him.

i just wanna be alone, goddamnit.

she sat at the ledge of the half pipe, watching as vinnie skated around her, not meeting her eyes. 

he shot her a small smile as he attempted a kickflip, almost getting it before he tripped over the board. "damn it."

"that was close!" the girl yelled from the ledge, watching as he walked up the stairs and nodded at her. "you got this!"

vinnie rolled his eyes, grabbing his board and heading to the car, setting it inside and taking a drink from the water bottle in his cup holder. he sat in the driver's seat, turning the ac on and pressing play on his playlist.

he sighed, his eyes peering out the window to see if the blonde had gotten bored and left, but froze as he saw the scene in front of him.

she was talking to another boy, who looked like spencer's twin brother.

or maybe it is the bitch boy himself.

spencer's twin (?) turned, looking straight at vinnie's car, and vinnie quickly ducked, hoping it was too dark outside for anyone to see inside the car. 

the boy slowly moved his head up, looking back at the mystery boy, and there was no doubt.

it was definitely spencer.

vinnie wanted to laugh. imagine dating someone like nyla and cheating on her? insane. he would've treated her so much-

oh god no.

he relaxed in his seat, turning his music down as he got ready to drive back home, but jumped as his passenger door opened and someone quickly sat down in the seat, closing the door with a loud bang.

"holy fucking shit!" he gasped, the person quickly turning towards him and covering his mouth with their hand. 

"shut the fuck up, you stupid whore!" nyla hissed, "wait, i didn't mean to call you that. i'm just in the moment."

vinnie peeled the girl's hand away from his mouth, eyes wide. "what the hell are you doing?"

nyla let out a dry chuckle, "i followed spencer here because i just had a feeling something was going on. looks like i was right."

"maybe he's not cheating on you."

nyla looked out at the skatepark and then back at vinnie. "they're literally making out on the launch ramp," she said, pointing to corner of the park where the ramp was placed.

vinnie looked, and then quickly looked away. "oh my god where did her shirt go?"

nyla let out a giggle. "can we leave now?"

the boy nodded, quickly backing out of his parking spot and merging onto the highway, a silence filling the car.

"are you okay?" he asked quietly after a few minutes.

"hmm, i wasn't expecting anything less," nyla hummed. "i guess i'm never good enough."

vinnie shook his head, "you are good enough, you just haven't found the right person. and bitch boy definitely isn't the right person."

nyla looked at him, slightly impressed. "how motivational, vincent. i almost forgot you hate me."

"you're an annoying bitch, that's for sure, but you shouldn't have had to go through what you just did."

nyla leaned against the window, her legs perched up on the seat, her head resting on her knees. "yeah, it sucks. but he was the only one there for me these past few months."

"well maybe if you hadn't blocked all of us, we would still talk to you," vinnie replied, his voice low. "what was the point of doing that?"

"what are you talking about?" nyla mumbled. "i never-"

vinnie rolled his eyes. "cut the shit, nyla, you got into an argument with kio and troy and decided to block all the guys? even bryce? all they did was fucking talk about how you chose bitch boy over them. it was so annoying."

"i literally never blocked them-" nyla froze, taking a breath. "oh."

"what do you mean, oh?"

"i decided i wanted to take a break from instagram and shit because all the comments were bothering spencer and me, so i just gave him my passwords and stuff so he could post brand deals and stuff for me. he probably blocked you guys after that."

the car swerved, vinnie looking at nyla in slight shock. "you really are a fucking idiot, aren't you?" he asked, driving normally again. "you gave your instagram account, with millions of followers, to spencer?"

nyla bit the inside of her cheek. "i thought he cared about me," she whispered. "i'm sorry."

"you don't need to apologize, just download instagram back and unblock everyone."

"i can't, he changed the passwords."

vinnie groaned. "you have got to be fucking kidding me."

"welcome to the amazing and wonderful life of nyla hampton," the girl replied, giving vinnie a grin. "it sucks here. you probably want to leave."

"i don't want to leave. now, i'm taking you to sway so you can see kio and bryce."

nyla nodded, "thank you, vin."

"you're taking all of this a lot better than i expected," the boy said, his eyes darting over to nyla before looking back at the road. "i was expecting a mental breakdown, lots of crying, you know?"

"oh, that's for later. right now i need to talk to the boys. i missed them. and then after that, when i go home, i can cry and eat all the ice cream i want."