𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄: 𝐈 𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐌

warnings: spencer still being a toxic little shit 

• ★ •

"what are you guys doing here?" nyla asked, trying to hid her bleeding hand. "i'm a little busy right-"

"are you bleeding?" troy asked, concerned, walking into the apartment with the two other boys following him. "what happened?"

he froze as he saw the remnants of spilled coffee and broken glass on the counter and floor of the kitchen. "did you drop your coffee?"

nyla nodded silently, grabbing another paper towel and trying to stop the cut on her hand from bleeding more. she watched as kio and troy wordlessly picked up the shards and wiped away the coffee, giving them a grateful smile.

"she didn't drop the coffee," vinnie stated, standing next to nyla, who turned to look up at him. "i think it was the boyfriend who was storming out of here a few minutes ago."

"you saw spencer?" kio asked, scrunching his face up. "where?"

"when i was parking the car, he was walking out," vinnie replied, "let me see your hand," he said, turning to nyla.

"it's fine," she said lowly. "don't worry about it."

vinnie just grabbed her left arm, pulling it in front of her with a sigh. "i don't think you'll need stitches or anything," he said after examining her hand. "do you have any hydrogen peroxide and bandaids?"

"i'll get it," kio said, shaking his head. "you gotta be more careful, ny. and why didn't spencer clean up in the first place?"

troy had just finished cleaning up the kitchen, and so they all moved to the living room, sitting down on the couch and loveseat in front of the tv.

"thank you, guys," she mumbled, before hissing out in pain as vinnie cleaned her cut with the peroxide then covered it with a bandaid. "why are y'all here?"

troy scoffed. "we're mad at you."

nyla frowned. "for what?"

"you haven't texted us in days, lala, we were worried about you," kio said.

"they were worried about you, i wasn't," vinnie corrected, leaning into the back of the couch, his arms behind his head.

nyla tried her best to ignore how fucking attractive vinnie looked sitting next to her, and turned to troy. "i was busy with the new clothing line and stuff, i'm so sorry."

"you get a boyfriend and you just forget about us?" troy asked, a pretending to cry. "i'm so hurt."

"oh shut the fuck up,"nyla sighed, a small laugh escaping her lips. "i could never forget about you all."

kio stood up, running a hand through his hair. "you wanna go somewhere, we can all just hang out or something?"

nyla opened her mouth to answer, but was cut off as the front door to her apartment creaked open again. she turned, her eyes wide as she watched spencer walk inside, a frown on his face as he saw the three boys with nyla.

"what the fuck, nyla?" spencer asked, taking a breath. "i thought you weren't hanging out with them anymore."

the girl pursed her lips, the pounding sensation between her temples returning. "they just came over, i didn't even know, spence. why are you here, i thought you had class?"

"forgot my wallet," the boy replied, heading to nyla's bedroom and grabbing it from her dresser before coming back and glaring at the three boys sitting with nyla. "i have to go, but we have to talk later."

"spence-"

the door slammed shut as spencer exited the apartment, leaving behind a ringing silence.

troy leaned forward, his elbows on his knees as he looked at nyla. "you're not hangin' out with us because of your boyfriend?" he questioned, "we're your best friends, ny."

the girl sighed, her eyes focused on the cut on her hand. "it's not his fault, i'm just busy and he wanted to spend more time with me, i didn't mean-"

"you didn't mean to completely ignore us for the past week and a half?" kio finished for her, rolling his eyes. "that's fucking dumb."

"yeah, well it's not like you would understand, kio, it's not like you're in a relationship or anything."

vinnie let out a low whistle. "feisty, aren't we, princess?"

"shut the hell up, hacker," nyla snapped, standing up. "i'm going to go shower. you guys should probably go now."

"your boyfriend's a bitch and you're pushing us away?" troy asked, brow furrowed in frustration. "he didn't even say hi to us or anything."

"well he doesn't like you guys, okay?" nyla blurted out. "drop it. i'll see you guys later."

"why not? is he jealous of us?" kio asked. "because we're more popular than him, better looking than him, know you better than he does?"

nyla snorted. "don't flatter yourselves. in case you forgot, i chose him. he's my boyfriend."

"so that's it then?" kio said, stepping closer to nyla, looking at her. "you choose him over us?"

nyla took a deep breath in, "yeah, i do. now please, get out."

• ★ •

she speaks!

if you saw me post chapter eleven like five seconds ago....

no you didn't

-n

• ★ •