𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: 𝐍𝐘𝐋𝐀'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐀 𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐇

• ★ •

nyla was back at the sway gaming house, her head laying on kio's shoulder as they watched criminal minds on the tv in the living room. kio was half asleep so they switched positions, with him laying his head on nyla's lap and her absentmindedly running a hand through his hair.

the back door opened, vinnie and jordan walking inside from the pool, their swimming shorts and a towel around their waist being the only thing covering them. jordan ran upstairs after waving hello to nyla, and left vinnie alone, with him just staring at the two friends on the couch.

his jaw clenched as he stared at nyla's hand running through kio's soft hair. "when are you leaving?" he asked, grabbing a bottle of water, smirking to himself as he saw nyla's eyes brush over his entire body before snapping up to his face.

"i'm staying the night," she muttered, "sleeping over with kio."

"damn, ma, you want the whole crew?" vinnie laughed, "don't be too loud tonight."

nyla closed her eyes, trying to stop the urge to throw a pillow or something much harder at the boy in front of her. "i don't want to fuck him, we're just friends," she gritted out, rolling her eyes. "now go away."

"this is literally-"

he was cut off as nyla's phone rang, making her, kio, and vinnie jerk up. the girl leaned over to grab her phone, kio sitting up and rubbing his eyes as he watched her answer the call.

"hello?" she asked, a smile on her face. "oh, hi spencer, what's up?"

"who's spencer?" vinnie mouthed to kio, who shrugged, confused.

"yeah, sure. i can come over now," nyla was saying into her phone, a small smile on her face. "okay, i'll let you know...no, i'm not hungry, i just ate with kio about an hour ago...okay, yeah...i'll see you soon...bye, spence."

she hung up, turning to kio with an apologetic look on her face. "i gotta go, my friend asked me to come over and i haven't seen him in a while. can we reschedule?" she asked, a small pout on her face.

kio nodded, "that's fine, nyla, i'll text you, yeah?"

she gave him a smile, nodding her head as she grabbing her purse, waving goodbye to kio and glaring at vinnie as she walked out of the house.

"what the fuck was that?" kio asked out loud, his brows drawn together. "and who the fuck is spencer?"

vinnie chuckled. "careful, kio, or i might think you have a crush on her."

kio groaned. "i don't like her like that. it's just that she never just runs off to meet someone else like that. she's never done that."

kio's phone vibrated, and he looked at it, reading the texts that nyla had just sent him. a small smile creeped on his lips. "oh. that makes more sense."

"what?" vinnie asked, curious. "what makes more sense?"

"nyla's got a crush on spencer. whoever that is," kio replied, "that's why she left so quickly. they're hanging out together."

"does he...actually know who nyla is? she's an annoying little-"

kio shushed vinnie. "just because you don't like her doesn't mean the rest of us don't." he said. "plus, i think it's you that has a crush on her. you just refuse to admit it."

vinne just rolled his eyes, walking up the stairs so he could take a shower. "i don't like her!"

• ★ •

"i had a great time tonight," nyla said to spencer. the boy grinned, placing his hand on her lower back as they both walked back to nyla's place. "thank you."

"no, thank you," spencer said, watching as nyla grabbed her keys from her purse. "you're amazing.

nyla looked up at the dark haired boy, the smile on her face widening. "i'll see you tomorrow?"

"i have an orientation for a class tomorrow," spencer replied, biting his lip. "maybe the weekend?"

the girl nodded as she unlocked the door. "yeah, sure. do you wanna come in?"

"no, i gotta go, get up early for tomorrow," spencer replied. "and if i come in...i think i would just never stop talking to you."

nyla laughed, giving the boy a hug. "alright, well, i'll see you later, okay?"

spencer nodded, his hands in his pockets as he walked away, a smile still lingering on his face.

brother kio
tell me EVERYTHING

troy bolton
EVERYTHING

clown girl
what's going on

bad bleep
NYLA HAS A CRUSH

nyla
wait addi how did you know about that

bad bleep
troy told me, we were hanging
out when kio texted him

nyla
u and troy huh? ;)

troy bolton
ITS NOT LIKE THAT

bad bleep
we're besties

troy bolton
for the resties!!

nyla
awh, you even finish each
other's sentences

brother kio
STOP IT I WANT TO KNOW
ABOUT SPENCER

nyla
he's a friend but

nyla

hetookmetoadriveintheater
andweatepopcornandmaybewekissed

clown girl
is your space bar not working or
something i can't read that

clown girl
WAIT A SECOND

clown girl
YOU MAYBE KISSED????

brother kio
HOLD UP I THOUGHT YOU SAID
HE WAS JUST A FRIEND

brother kio
my little sister's not so
little any more :(

clown girl
did you have seggs

nyla
AVANI. NO WE DID NOT.

brother kio
it's a drive in theater, the
car would have
had more than enough
room to do the deed

clown girl
exactly

nyla
WE DIDN'T I SWEAR

clown girl
sure sure i totally
believe you

brother kio
where did troy
and addison go

nyla
they're probably too busy
making out right now

nyla set her phone down on the counter as she washed her face and changed into her pajamas, a smile on her face as she realized how much she liked spencer. she sent him a good night text before heading to bed, falling into a dreamless sleep.

she speaks!

heyyyyy 😼

-n