𝚇𝚇𝙸𝙸. 𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚞𝚗𝚊

Start from the beginning

"Yes, professor?" She said so ever sweetly and turned towards the woman.

For some reason, McGonagall's face wasn't curled to its normal stern look, her eyes weren't narrowed nor her brows knitted together. She looked somewhat sympathetic which wasn't normal, at least not when her matters concerned Violetta.

"I need you to come with me," said McGonagall rather softly.

"Why?" Asked Violetta, crossing her arms over her chest. "It's curfew, I should go to bed."

McGonagall sighed with a slight nod. "I am aware of that Miss Malfoy but I'm afraid this can't wait."

"As the Head Girl, I should show an example and go to bed," argued Violetta with a Malfoy smirk decorating her face.

"I am sure your fellow students can and will forgive you for this," said McGonagall but she didn't sound stern or displeased with Violetta's argument ― she seemed tired, if not even worried.

Grudgingly, Violetta chose not to get herself into trouble this time and followed the professor. The corridors were empty as they walked and if they were not, McGonagall found time to tell some sixth-year students to go to their dormitories. But McGongall did not speak to Violetta, and the brunette girl did not even attempt to start a conversation.

When Violetta and McGonagall reached McGonagall's personal office, the Slytherin girl was surprised to see Dumbledore there and immediately thought what she had done now. But once she got further into the office, she noticed Snape and three other students.

"I'm glad you joined us, Miss Malfoy," said Dumbledore while Violetta stared at Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley and Cho Chang who were all standing in the room.

Violetta scoffed and turned to look at Dumbledore. "Well, our dear Minerva didn't leave much of a choice," she said and waited for McGonagall to tell her off for calling her by her first name, but she did not.

This alarmed Violetta.

She had no idea why she needed to be in Dumbledore's office, past curfew and with two thirds of the Golden Trio and one Ravenclaw.

"Why exactly am I here?" She asked, her eyes following McGonagall who moved to stand next to Dumbledore. When McGonagall didn't answer her, Violetta turned towards Snape who seemed rather torn.

Snape however didn't say a word.

"You do know that Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy are going to start a war once they find out about this?" Violetta heard McGonagall whispering to Dumbledore.

Violetta snapped her head back towards McGonagall and Dumbledore. "Why are my parents going to start a war?" She asked them which made Ron Weasley huff in the corner. "What is it, Weasley?" Sighed Violetta but didn't bother to turn to look at the boy.

"Nothing, just that I highly doubt your Death Eater parents---" started Ron but was stopped by McGonagall.

"Now that is quite enough Mr. Weasley," she said with her usual sharp tone. "Now, the very reason why you are here is because you're part of the Second Task. The Champions need to retrieve something from the Black Lake, something important to them, and that something is actually someone and it is you," she explained.

"Mr. Weasley is Mr. Potter's treasure, as you two are best friends," continued McGonagall, looking at Ron before turning to look at Hermione. "Miss Granger is Mr. Krum's, Miss Chang is Mr. Diggory's and Miss Malfoy..."

Reality was a strange thing and place which Violetta has never really had to worry about ― up until now.

"No I can't be," said Violetta sternly and shook her head. "I can't be Fleur's."