Better With You

What if Derek wasn't indifferent? What if Mark wasn't there to seduce Addison and no cheating happened? What if Addison and Derek stayed together in New York like the happy couple they used to?

~

Derek Shepherd woke up with some ruckus downstairs. He turned to his side to feel his wife but she wasn't there anymore. "Addie?" He opened his eyes to look around the room but her empty side awakened him. The scattered pieces of clothing from last night were evident that they both had a great intimate time, but he's missing his shirt as he picked all those clothes up to put on the laundry. He stretched a bit before going down to cook breakfast.

Sunday morning, his favourite. He loved cooking breakfast and spending his time lazily in their Brownstone home or just strolling around Manhattan. With amusement drawn on his face, he leaned on the kitchen doorframe, watching his wife dancing and singing with children's song playing as she cooks, whilst their daughter was eating strawberries and giggling at her, sitting on her high chair. She's just wearing his shirt that stopped on her mid thigh, exposing the rest of her long flawless legs. He entertained himself by watching more of Addison's performance for a little while, enjoying the rare moment of Addison's dancing and singing until Dea spotted him and called "Daddy." Their almost three year-old daughter put her hands up and clapped when Addison stopped dancing. Derek mimicked her as he walked towards his favourite girls. "Good morning sweetie." He leaned down, kissing Dea's forehead. "And good morning, Mrs. Shepherd." He planted a soft kiss on Addison's lips, tasting the sweetness of strawberry she just bit. "I wanna see you perform again tonight." He whispered, making Addison widen her eyes. "Derek!" She gasped, hitting Derek's chest. "I'm just kidding. Tho I really mean it." Addison just rolled her eyes, smiling from ear to ear "Go set the plates honey. I'm almost done cooking."

Pancakes with strawberries, bacon, eggs and coffee. Well except for little Dea, she was drinking her milk. "Can we go see penguins again today?" She asked with her misty blue eyes she got from her father. "As long as you finish your food, we can." Addison winked and Dea obeyed. "Can I buy penguin?" Derek almost spat his coffee. "No sweetie. Penguins don't live in a house like ours. They should stay on their habitat."

"No. The little penguins only." The little girl showed the size by her little hands. "Stuff, Derek. Amelia told me she wanted to buy a stuff penguin when she took her there, but she wasn't sure if we'd let her."

"Please." Dea pouted. Looking innocently cute. "Of course. Promise me you won't lose it." Addison showed her pinky finger and Dea hooked her little one with Addison's, saying "Promise mommy."

After breakfast, Derek and Addison let Dea run carefully to the bathroom, of course her mother's behind, following her so she won't fall down the stairs whilst Derek did the dishes. "Just put one bath bomb in the tub." And the little girl obeyed. The tub was full of bubbles, Dea and Addison were laughing so hard as she's blowing Addison some bubbles. "Alright, let's stop now before daddy catches us playing." Dea stopped blowing Addison bubbles but didn't stop playing by splashing her hands in the water. "Adelia Deanne Shepeherd." Addison shrieked when water splashed on her face. And by that time, Derek caught them having a great time in the tub. He laughed when Dea blew bubbles once again on Addison. "Why don't you come here mister and let's see if you'd still laugh." No harm. Derek walked closer to them and joined them in the tub, fully clothed, well Addison too, but just his wet shirt and her panties. "Let's blow bubbles to mommy again." Derek tried bribing his daughter but Dea's a mommy's girl. So she shook her head and blew him bubbles instead. "Okay I'm out of here." He said, getting out of the tub, all wet and his jaw was full of bubbles. "Daddy, you look like a caveman." It's because the bubbles were covering Derek's chin and jaw.