Chapter 19- All Valley Tournament Part 2

Daniel hesitantly stepped onto the mat as the boy he was fighting jumped to his feet. The referee instructed Daniel and the boy to bow to him before bowing to each other. "En grade. Fight!" The ref shouted. Y/N sucked in a deep breath as Daniel went into his fighting position.

The other boy moved forward, lifting his leg to kick Daniel but Daniel jumped backward, landing out of bounds. Mr. Miyagi and Y/N gently pushed him back to the mat as the other boy went back to his position. "Be tough, Daniel. Be tough!" Ali encouraged as the ref yelled for them to fight.

The boy ran at Daniel again, sending multiple jab punches. Daniel jumped out of bounds again, grabbing onto Y/N as he did. "Hey, it's ok Daniel remember what Mr. Miyagi taught us." Y/N encouraged, her voice soft. "Yes Daniel-San, remember you defense. Points will come. Focus power...remember balance make good fight." Mr. Miyagi stated, pushing him back towards the mat. "You got this Daniel."

The ref called the fight again as Daniel took a deep breath. The boy ran forward, ready to throw a punch but Daniel moved out of the way before kicking the boy in the gut. The boy fell and flags were held up, signaling Daniel had won the point. Only one more to go.

Daniel and the boy lined back up again and waited. "Fight!" The ref yelled, moving back. The boy came at Daniel and tried to land a spinning kick on him but Daniel was prepared. Daniel moved back and brought the heel of his hand down onto the boy's back, making him fall and earning a point. He won.

"Yes Daniel!" Y/N cheered. "You're the best!" Ali yelled, pulling him into a hug. "I wouldn't say that." Daniel panted. "You did great. You got this." Y/N said, bumping him lightly. Daniel smiled at her as the next two fighters jumped onto the mat. One of them was Bobby.

The fight seemed quick as Bobby beat the boy he was fighting. Y/N had never seen him actually fight before and she had to admit that he was good. But he always very aggressive as he nearly tackled the boy he was fighting and the referee had to interfere. "You're dead!" He yelled at the boy as the ref shoved him back. Bobby beat the boy with a kick to the chest. Y/N clapped for him and even shot him an encouraging smile as he walked off the mat. Next was Johnny.

Y/N would be lying if she said she paid attention to both fighters. In reality, her eyes never left Johnny; taking in the way his blonde hair stuck to his sweaty forehead and the way sweat rolled down his toned chest that was barely covered by the black gi he was wearing. He's too hot to be walking around like that.

As Johnny bowed to his opponent, his blue eyes flicked over to Y/N. Johnny shot her a grin as if to say, "Are you watching?" Y/N winked at him in return. Always. The ref yelled for them to fight and the two boys ran forward. Johnny took his opponent down in under 5 seconds, making Y/N's jaw nearly fall open. She knew he was good at karate but she never realized how good he was. His beatings on Daniel were hardly much compared to what he did. 

Next was Daniel's turn and he was fighting some boy from Cobra Kai. Daniel quickly defeated him, making Kreese and the other boys groan in anger. Y/N could see the anger burning in Kreese's cold eyes and it made her shudder. 

The matches seemed to fly by quickly as a boy named Darryl Vidal beat another Cobra Kai and Johnny beat another boy. Next was Daniel and Jimmy. The match happened quickly, with Daniel landing a kick to Jimmy's head, earning his final point. Jimmy walked off the mat, pressing the heel of his hand to the spot where Daniel hit him. "Hey, I'll be right back." Y/N whispered to Ali. Ali nodded as Vidal and another Cobra Kai walked onto the mat.

Y/N walked over to Jimmy, who looked very embarrassed, and placed a hand on his shoulder. Jimmy's head snapped up and he smiled at her. "Hey you did really great." She reassured, giving his shoulder a light squeeze. "Thanks, Y/N." He replied with a smile. "And between you and me, I may have been rooting fro you a little more than Daniel." Y/N whispered. Jimmy chuckled and pulled her into a side hug as Vidal kicked the Cobra Kai in the chest.

Bobby fought next and looked ready to kill the boy he was fighting as he was shoved out of the ring. Kreese shoved him back onto the mat and Bobby took a deep breath. The fight was called and within 3 seconds Bobby had his opponent down. He went to raise his fist to punch the boy but the referee stopped him, signaling that he already won the point. Bobby got to his feet and looked to Kreese who gave him a look of approval. Something about it unnerved Y/N.

Bobby walked off of the mat and stood next to Jimmy and Y/N. Next was Tommy and Daniel. "Good luck, Tommy." Y/N said as he jogged onto the mat. He turned to the girl and gave her a quick smile. "Good job, Bobby." Y/N said, patting his sweaty arm. "Thanks, Y/N." He panted with a smile. 

"Well I better go back to the other side before Daniel thinks I switched alliances." Y/N joked as she unwrapped herself from Jimmy's arm that was still around her shoulder. "Oh, please, sweetheart you already did." Johnny said with a wink as he walked over to her. Bobby, Jimmy, and Dutch exchanged looks with each other. "Yes well he doesn't know that now does he?" Y/N retorted, smirking at Johnny. "Don't worry, I'll let him know."

Y/N playfully rolled her eyes and planted a quick kiss on Johnny's sweaty cheek. "I think you missed." Johnny teased. "When you don't smell like an old gym sock, you'll get a better one." Y/N mocked as she scrunched up her nose in disgust. Johnny huffed, making Y/N laugh. She gave Dutch an encouraging squeeze on the shoulder before walking away from the boys, feeling Kreese's eyes burn into her skull. He watched the whole encounter and frankly, he didn't like it.  Y/N was a distraction to Johnny and the boys and the last thing they needed was a distraction.

"Fight!" The ref called, signaling for the fight to start. Tommy and Daniel danced around each other before Tommy brought his leg up, kicking Daniel in the side. Daniel jumped back before trying to strike Tommy, only for Tommy to jab him in the ribs earning a point. Y/N tried to hide the smile that formed on her face. While Daniel was her best friend, she was still happy that Tommy earned a point. He was a great fighter after all.

The ref called for them to fight again and like before, Tommy was the first one to move forward. Daniel was prepared though and he hit Tommy in the stomach earning the final point. Tommy's face contorted into one of rage as he let out a cry of protest before storming off the mat. I'll check on him later.

Next was Daniel and Dutch and to say Y/N was nervous would be an understatement. Dutch was a little more....intense than the other boys and Y/N didn't want him to hurt Daniel too bad. Although it was a karate tournament so she really shouldn't expect Daniel to come out of it unscathed. 

Dutch gave Johnny a fist bump before walking onto the mat, jumping up and down as he went. Daniel hesitantly stepped onto the mat, his eyes widening as he watched Dutch crack his neck. The ref called the fight and Dutch was the first to move. He brought his leg up to kick but Daniel ducked, making the kick fly over his head. As he went to jump back up, Dutch moved his leg to the right, making his foot hit Daniel's eyes and earning a point.

Daniel lifted himself from the ground, rubbing his eye. The ref called for the fight to start again as the two boys stayed still. Dutch moved a little before coming forward to strike Daniel. Daniel landed a kick to Dutch's stomach, earning a point and winning the match. He was going onto the finals.

"Good job, Daniel!" Y/N cheered as he stepped off the mat. "I didn't think I could do it." He panted, grabbing onto Y/N to steady himself. "Well you did and now you're going onto the finals!" She stated happily. "Let's get you wrapped, Daniel-San." Mr. Miyagi said, grabbing Daniel's arm.

The two walked away with Ali, leaving Y/N alone. Feeling eyes on her, she looked up to see Johnny staring at her, his ocean blue eyes piercing her soul. Y/N gave him a soft smile, full of love and adoration. The smile that he fell in love with. Johnny smiled back at her, his eyes brightening, the way Y/N liked when he was genuinely smiling. The two teens didn't realize the brown-haired sensei watching them, a scowl forming on his stone face. This girl was going to be a problem.
-------------------------------------
A/N Heyy I'm back. Sorry I took about a month to update but I had a lot of stuff to worry about like exams and practice and grades and such. Also even though I love this story I was hesitant to update it. I was reading some old comments and rereading some of my chapters and I kind of realized how much I dislike how I wrote Y/N at the beginning and just her character in general. Some people were saying she seemed kind of like a pick me girl which is what I was trying to avoid. And I also saw some comments that kind of discouraged me from continuing this book even though I like writing it. After rewatching KK today, I decided that I shouldn't let what people say affect what I write and my love for Johnny Lawrence, so I decided to update. Anyways hope you enjoyed and remember to stay hydrated.