Chapter 17: Chariot

[Y/N POV]

I sat on Akko's bed looking at her Shiny Chariot poster wondering how on earth I had never really seen anything to do with her.

Y/N: Guess I didn't pay enough attention.

Akko: Hmmm? What to honey?

Y/N: Oh did I say that out loud?

Akko: Yeah. What didn't you pay enough attention to?

Y/N: Chariot and her shows. I feel I must have ignored them too much.

Akko: Maybe, but don't get wound up over it! When I manage to meet her one day, I'm sure she'll forgive you for not going!

Her face held that lovely cheeky grin as she leaned in and gently kissed me.

Akko: I'm so happy you decided to learn magic with me Y/N! It'll be so good to have you alongside me!

Y/N: I'll be there to help you pursue your dream Akko! Don't you worry about me abandoning you!

Akko: I know you wouldn't!

She leans closer for a hug and cuddles herself up against me.

Lotte: When are you gonna be starting Y/N?

Y/N: I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure that Urs- I mean Professor Ursula said that when she got the opportunity she would organise something for me.

Sucy: Isn't she your Mom now? Can't you just call her that or her name?

Y/N: I'm still getting used to it all. I-I'm not ready to call her Mum yet...

That made me feel really sad. I really liked Ursula and as I have said many times, I see a lot of my Mum in her. That's what drew me to her really.

I really should just accept what I have and move on. I can't live in the past forever. I will never forget my parents, but I know that I must accept Ursula as my mother now.

Akko: Hey...baby.

I look down at Akko who puts her hand on my cheek and runs it through my hair.

Akko: I know how difficult it will be for you to accept her as a parent. But just like you will be here to help me pursue my dream, I'll be here to help you properly recover from all this.

Y/N: I know you will. Thanks hun.

I rest my forehead against hers and close my eyes. I hear her giggle silently as she kissed my lips again and caressed my cheek with her hand.

Honestly, how did I manage to get a chance to date this girl?

~

Y/N: *yawn* I'm so tired!

I exclaimed as Akko giggled and turned to look at me.

Akko: I'm nearly done putting all this away! You don't have to wait for me you know! If you're really tired, then sleep! I'll just cuddle up to you when I'm done!

Y/N: Yeah but I'd rather fall asleep in your arms Akko. You just make me feel really safe!

She smiles and turns around as she picks up the Shiny Rod and sets it down on the other bed and puts the covers over it. My cat jumps up and curls up next to it.

Akko: I guess you're gonna guard the Shiny Rod huh?

She pets her before walking over and standing over me.

Akko: You have no idea how cute what you just said was!

She leans down and brings her face close to mine.