Chapter 5: Back Home

Akko POV

My eyes pinged open and I sat up with the memories of yesterday flooding back into my mind.

Akko: "Oh that's right!"

I leap out of my bed and take the Shiny Rod from under my mattress.

Akko: "The Shiny Rod! It wasn't a dream after all!"

I hug the Shiny Rod close to me and look around the room.

Akko: "Here I am finally at witch school! And a highly esteemed one at that!"

I started to jump around with joy. It had always been my dream to be like Chariot and now I could finally fulfil that dream. I looked up and saw Lotte sat up in her bed.

Akko: "Hey Lotte! Check it out!"

I hold the Shiny Rod up to her. She squints her eyes and soon gave me an answer.

Lotte: "Its that the Shiny Rod?"

Akko: "Bingo!"

She jumps back and I turn away and hold it up in the air.

Akko: "I can't wait to learn magic! Just like Chariot!"

I then bring it down and look down at the ground.

Akko: "Y/N...."

Lotte: "Who?"

I look back over at Lotte. Y/N had crossed my mind again. The promises I had made to him and myself.

Akko: "He's a friend. A friend that needs my help."

I look up with confidence surging through me.

Akko: "And that's exactly what I am gonna do!"

I put the Shiny Rod down and start to get changed into my uniform. I put my hat on and jumped in the air.

Akko: "Yeah! Transformation complete!"

Lotte: "Ummm. That uniform is only used for ceremonies and practical classes. This is the uniform for normal classes."

I turn towards Lotte and she was wearing a long sleeved white shirt with a navy blue vest and a tie and shirt of the exact same colour.

Akko: "Really? But that one just looks so boring!"

I then change again, this time into the correct uniform. Lotte had all her books in her hands and was looking at me.

Lotte: "Ready to go Akko?"

I nod my head and pick up the books that I needed. When we walked out I turned to the other two.

Akko: "You two go on ahead. I'll catch up."

They nod and walk off. I turn around and walk down to Y/N's room and knock on the door. I don't get an answer so I knock again. Still no answer. I begin to get worried. Thankfully the door was unlocked so I was able to walk in.

The room was dark as the curtain was still drawn. I look over to the bed and saw Y/N laid down. He was snoring gently wrapped up in his covers. A smile started to spread on my face. He looked so cute! I didn't really want to wake him so I just gently took his hand and ran my thumb across it.

Akko: "I just wanted to check on you Y/N. I won't be able to see you for most of today. But I'll come and see you later."

I release his hand and walk back over to the door. I look back one last time before opening the door and walking to my class.

~~A little while later~~

Y/N POV

My eyes slowly open and I stare up at the ceiling. Confused, I rub my eyes so I could see clearly and sat up. Taking one look round I then remember where I was.