The Interrogation

Lestrade's POV:

Anthony was a broad-shouldered man with cropped dark brown hair and a mustache. He had pale green eyes that could barely meet Holmes'. Lestrade couldn't blame him; he had a very dominating presence, and didn't exactly have a soft expression when interrogating someone.

"Mr. Carriva," Holmes said after staring at him for a few minutes, "you were Mr. Ross' coworker, correct?"

"Uh, yes," Anthony said. He had a deep, masculine voice, but it seemed small in this situation, "I was."

"Were you two... close?"

"Not really,"

"I understand you overheard him and another colleague arguing when they came to work two days ago?" Holmes said.

"Yes," Anthony said, clearing his throat. "I'm not one for eavesdropping, I believe that everyone deserves privacy. But, I heard him and Rhea Ann yelling at each other."

"Did you hear what the topic was?" Holmes asked.

"No, there was too much noise from the construction. But, Rhea seemed furious, she was in tears after."

"And where were you when Ross was killed?"

"I'm... not sure. I went to a bar after work with a couple friends, and I got pretty drunk. Last I remember, I was in the bar. I woke up at home the next morning."

"Which bar was this?" Holmes asked.

"It was one I had never been to before, so I can't really remember the name of it,"

"Who are these friends of yours? Coworkers?"

"Ryan Capra and Benjamin Leed. And yes, they are coworkers,"

"What do you know about the relationship between Theodore and Rhea?"

"I wasn't aware before, but I did notice that they came to work together a lot," Anthony said, rubbing his temple. "I found out they were a couple about a week ago."

The was a moment of tense silence before Holmes asked, "Can you see Ms. Ann being the killer?"

"Oh, God no!" Anthony exclaimed with wide eyes. "She's a very sweet gal. She's the kind of girl who would take a fly or spider outside instead of killing it."

"Hm,"

Holmes said nothing for a solid two minutes, before he said suddenly, "Thank you for your time,"

"Alright," he said, clearing his throat. He left with a nod to Watson and Lestrade.

"Those were the same answers he gave me," Lestrade said. "I was hoping he'd give some more info."

"That's quite alright, Lestrade," Holmes said.

"You're going to help?" Lestrade asked to confirm.

Holmes looked to Watson for a moment, who remained silent. Whatever look on his face convinced Holmes to huff, "Yes."

"Thank you, Holmes," Lestrade said.

"I'll contact you tomorrow," he said, laying his head on the back of the couch, likely going back into his meditation-like state.

Lestrade sighed with relief. Hopefully, he wouldn't get heat from his superiors when he returned to work without any new information. He was putting his coat back on when Watson approached him, "Rhea was your only suspect?"

"Yes," Lestrade said, "I couldn't find any others who would want him dead."

"I'm sure Sherlock will figure something out," Watson said.

"I hope so,"