chapter 19

a/n hello hello helloooooo!! so if you've been reading this for a while or often read my a/ns, ily if u do, you'd know i go through phases of hating this book because i'm a bad writer LOL, but the "pls update" comments have motivated me so here i am

plus,,, i had covid BAHAHAHA, either way, sorry to keep y'all waiting. so i'll try to prewrite a bunch of chapter right now because i am so ass at updating, BUT WAIT

31k reads???? wtf???? hellooo?? i'm so surprised like!!!!!!!!!!!! for real, i don't even have the words but it fills me with so much joy!!!! u r the best,,, all of u!!

& special bonus if you've been here since the beginning beginning,, like that work hiatus in the winter ,,, please tell me one of u remembers so i don't sound stupid lol

sorry this was so long,,, i'll shut up now,,,, onto the story!!

the sight of a dead body wasn't new to you, and in the least morbid way possible, it didn't really affect you as much as it should've. nor was it so surprising, monokuma had initiated a killing game after all. and even with all that, you couldn't help the way you tensed up just a bit.

"byaku...ya...? wh-why is byakuya...?" sonia was the first person to spit something out.

it wasn't long before a plethora of screams flooded in; mahiru screaming the word no at the top of her lungs, nekomaru following suit, then teruteru.

"th-this... it's impossible...! don't mess with me! this must be some kind of mistake!"

"this... can't be real blood, right? it's gotta be something like jam or sauce... c-c-cause...if not, th-this..."

both kazuichi and ibuki tried to comfort themselves, and failing miserably.

it was a shock to nobody when monokuma appeared, "good gracious... things quickly took a turn for the worse... my my, now this is interesting! on this tropical paradise, the very first murder has finally taken place!"

"m-murder...?"

"h-hold on! then, does this mean...!?"

"puhuhu... of course.. byakuya...was killed by one of you."

"wha-...!?"

"if you look at the body, you can tell instantly. he was obviously murdered. look, he has such a horrible expression on his face, don'tcha think?"

you felt guilty at the fact that you tried not to smile at that, it was just a tad funny, in a macabre sort of way though.

"a face filled with regret that his life was ended by force, all thanks to someone else's selfish desires... to have a dying face such as this... if this isn't murder, then what the heck could it be? byakuya was most likely sacrificed... by someone who reaaaally wanted to leave this island."

"l-lies... it's all lies! you're lying that he was murdered!"

empathy lied within your heart, it truly did, but this was getting ridiculous. disbelief is accepatble to a certain extent, he was so obviously killed. but, that's something you most definitely not say outloud.

it's not fair for you to get annoyed at their trauma response, it made sense. after all, not everyone is a murderer like you. not everyone can kill even their own family in cold blood, but that's a worry for later.

"hajime," you started softly, "denying the truth will only cause more harm. don't let emotions fully cloud your vision.

"well, at least one of you had a decent head on those shoulders. he's dead, should i spell it out? d-e-a-d! i told you guys i was a good teacher."