ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕤𝕚𝕩

Iris was sitting at the dinner table, typing away on her laptop, when Lando came home. "What are you doing?" He asked. "Just updating my resume." Lando stood behind her and read what was on her screen. "Interesting." There wasn't a specific tone in his voice. "What do you mean? You should know everything on here by now." "More or less. You forgot to mention you used to used to be a tutor for people." "Guess it has never come up in our conversations."

"What subjects did you tutor?" "Mostly sciences and math." "Oh so you're a smartass. Not that I didn't know that already." "I was just good at explaining things in an easier way than some teachers do. And I tutored younger people so I had already seen everything in previous years." "Still just a smartass." "Whatever."

...

Before they left, Lando's phone rang. "It's my mum. I'm sorry, gotta pick this up." He put the phone to his ear and greeted her. Iris was slightly annoyed that it happened at that moment but she didn't blame him for picking up.

She heard him say he had to go. He hung the phone up not long after. "I'll call her back when we're in the hotel. It wasn't that important." "Why did she call you at this moment then? Didn't she know we were leaving around this time?" "She did, but she thought I was already in the car. Which is usually the case but we slow each other down.

...

When they came into the hotel room, they plopped down on the bed. In less than ten minutes they were both asleep.

Until Iris was woken up by the sound of a phone ringing. She took her phone off the nightstand but she wasn't being called. Then she remembered Lando promised his mum he would call her. By the time she had woken him up and told him he was being called, the ringing stopped.

"Ten minutes and I'll call her." Lando said with a sleepy voice and his face buried in his pillow. "If she calls you, that means she's probably worried cause you didn't call her." "It can wait 10 minutes."

At that moment Iris' phone started ringing. It was an unknown number but she already knew who it was. She picked up and put the phone on speaker so Lando could.hear the conversation. "Hey Cisca." "Hey Iris. How did you know it was me?" "I just figured since you called Lando just a minute ago." "Do know why he didn't pick up? I was getting worried." Iris gave Lando an 'I was right'-look. "He was sleeping but he's awake now. I'll pass him the phone." She held the phone for Lando to grab.

"Hey mum... Yeah sorry... Good." He gave his mother very short answers to keep the phonecall short but that's not what Cisca wanted. She kept Lando busy for a while and Iris was having too much fun with watching Lando's facial expressions.

"What did she have to say?" Iris teased him when he handed her her phone back. "You're so funny. She wanted to talk about the weekend and that I needed to be careful because it looks like it's going to rain. But she also said she had a good feeling about this one." "Interesting." She laughed. "No it's not. It is very uninteresting."

"Do you like the rain?" Iris wondered. "It's not that I don't like it but it's very unpredictable. I think it might be a fun race to watch. But driving in the rain is pretty much driving trusting your memory of the circuit to know where you are and where you need to go. You can't see a thing." "That bad?" "We don't have window wipers or anything like that so yeah."

Lando wasn't having a very good day on Friday when he finished P12 in the first free practise and P8 in the second one. He felt he could do better. On Saturday he did, with P2 in third free practise. He regained some confidence to get into the car for qualifying.

He did a good job going through Q1 and Q2 but it was Q3 that was the most important. Iris saw Lando getting two purple sectors. As he crossed the line his second sector wasn't puprle anymore but he was second. She hugged Charlotte but their happiness drowned away when they heard he had exceeded track limits.

His time was deleted and he had to start from P7 the next day. Iris felt bad and she could only imagine what Lando was feeling at that moment.

He got out of the car and dragged her to his driver's room. Once they were inside, she hugged him and they stood in silence for a while. "I'm so stupid. Freaking 2 centimetres over the line." "I know it sucks but we'll see what happens tomorrow. Best case everyone in front loses control due to a wet track and you win." "Yeah that's not gonna happen. Max is very good in the rain." "So? A lot can happen. Like you said so yourself, it's very unpredictable." She managed to get the track limits out of his head and made him focus on the next day.

He had mixed feelings at the start of the race and had already dropped two places when the safety car was deployed. But after that, he quickly made up positions. Everything was going very well but it got exciting when Hamilton drove into the wall and Lando was suddenly P3. There was a big chance of a podium but he had to keep that position.

Iris and Lando had no time to see each other during the red flag because it was very important for him to talk with his engineers and strategists at that moment. It could cost him his podium and no one would want that.

After the red flag, Lando wasted no time and overtook Charles, taking second place. He had to keep that position for as long as possible and save his tyres.

Then a lot happened behind him and he had Lewis breathing down his neck for a few laps. Every little mistake wouldn't end well.

He didn't make a mistake, but the Mercedes was too quick and got him. Iris heard Lando say it over the radio. "Yeah, he's too quick for me." It wasn't nice to hear but it was the truth.

Lando finished P3 and she ran out of the garage with the team. She watched her boyfriend stand on the podium with a huge smile on her face. She knew there were cameras pointed at her but she didn't care.

~~*~~
I'm sorry but this will be the last chapter for a few weeks. I have exams that I need to focus on right now. I would want to keep writing cause I enjoy it but it takes too much time.
Hope you liked the chapter and don't forget to vote