ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

"Babe?" Lando asked. "Did you really just call me babe?" Iris laughed and she put her phone down. "It doesn't really work, does it?" "It's kinda cringe. But maybe that's just because no one has ever called me stuff like that." "Why not?" "Haven't I told you?" He shook his head.

"This is my first serious relationship." He didn't really seem to react. "So you've also never-" He stopped mid-sentence but Iris knew what he was referring to. "No. Is that bad?" "Of course not. I just don't get why, you're the prettiest girl I've ever seen. When I first met you, I thought you would have a boyfriend, or at least that you would go on lots of dates." "I guess that's on having an older sister who also happens to be the most sociable person I know." "That doesn't mean anything. I mean, it's obvious that I'm way more handsome than my brother. Still he's had a girlfriend for quite a while now." They both laughed.

"Talking about my brother, I'm going home to my parents in Bristol next week. I was thinking maybe you could come too and meet everyone." "Who's everyone?" She asked. "Don't worry, its not my whole family. Just my parents, sisters, my brother and probably his girlfriend and their dog." "Only if you come have dinner at my place tomorrow evening." "Deal."

Iris called her mother to let her know there would be one person extra. "Hey mum, there's something I haven't told you yet." "Hi darling, what a way to start a conversation. How are you?" Iris sighed. "I'm good mom, how are you?" She asked annoyed. "I'm good." She went on and spilled all the gossip Iris hadn't asked for. "Oh and Mrs Burton invited us for dinner. Will you be home by then?" "No, mum. But I will be tomorrow and I will bring someone." "Are Hazel and Abby coming over?" "No, would you let me speak just for a second? I have a boyfriend and I'd like to bring him over tomorrow."

"Couldn't you have told me earlier? Now I have to go to the store to get more food." "Really?" Iris asked. "You're more interested in the fact that you'll have to go the store than that I have a boyfriend?" "Darling, I've known for a while now." "Whait, what? How?" Iris asked confused. "I noticed you were happier and when I asked your sister, she told me." "Has she also told you who it is?" "No." "Good." She wanted that to be a suprise, especially for her dad.

"Unbelieveble, my mum didn't even say anything about me having a boyfriend. She already knew I had a boyfriend. Gemma told her." Iris told Lando. "Guess you shouldn't tell her all your secrets." "No, but now I have you to tell my secrets to." Lando pretended to lock his mouth. "Your secrets are safe with me."

...

"What am I supposed to wear?" Lando asked and Iris laughed. "Wow, I thought I'd never hear that sentence come out of your mouth. You don't have to wear a suit or anything, maybe something similar to what you wore on our first date." He walked back into his bedroom but hadn't come out after a few minutes.

"What's taking so long?" Iris said while she walked in. Lando was standing shirtless in front of his closet and he turned to face Iris. She forgot what she was going to say for a second. "Um, why haven't you chosen yet?" "Nothing works, help me please." Iris picked out a black longsleeve turtleneck and a navy blue blazer. "Why are you smiling?" She asked. "That's exactly what I wore to the Drive to Survive season two premiere." "Would my dad has seen it then?" "I don't know if he watches the McLaren youtube channel. But if not, he wouldn't have." "Okay, then this outfit it is." Iris left the room to let Lando change. "Hey Iris, you've got a bit of drool right here." He joked and she rolled her eyes.

"You ready to go?" Lando asked. "I've been ready for about twenty minutes, you're the one stressing out." "Wait 'till you're meeting my parents, you'll be way worse than me." "It's still cute how stressed you are. Chill out, my dad already likes you just because you're an F1 driver and my mum will follow soon. I think my sister is the one you'll have to convince. Just be yourself and you'll be fine. It may sound cheesy but as long as you make me happy, they're happy too." She could see him relax.

They arrived at the house and walked in. "Guys, I'm here." Iris shouted. Her mother came around the corner in her apron and smiled at them. "Hello Mrs Dayton, I'm Lando. Nice to meet you." He said.