Part 22: Motherly Advice

Emilie looked at herself in the mirror. "You look great Emilie!" Marinette said. Emilie agreed. Her dress was red with a gold outline. She had a necklace that matched as well as bracelets that accented her wrists. Her hair was taken down from her usual ponytail and was curled to cover her shoulder. Emilie had never looked so nice. She felt like she was in a fairy costume.

"Did you really design all of this yourself?" Emilie asked

"Yup. Everything here is 100% my work."

"Wow. You're very talented. I wish I could do stuff like this."

"Don't sell yourself short. If you try your best, I bet you could do it better than I could."

Emilie just looked sad. "It's just, everyone is always so interesting and I'm just, not. I don't really have any hobbies or friends, I'm only really interesting when I'm Ladybug."

"That's not true Emilie," Marinette said. "Remember, The Miraculous doesn't turn you into someone else when you turn it on. It only amplifies what's already there. You wouldn't be such a good Ladybug if you weren't such a good Emilie. Remember that."

Emilie smiled. "Thanks, Marinette." She hugged her before going to the balcony. "I'll send you a message if anything goes wrong!"

"I'll be waiting!" Marinette said.

Emilie then opened her purse as Tikki popped out. "You're very lucky to have Marinette with you. She always seems to have the right solution."

"You're right." Emilie looked back to see her Mom putting away her sewing things. "Now let's save her by stopping Hawk Moth. Tikki, Spots On!"