“I’m glad to know you trust me.” Elijah smiles.

“I trust you with my life.” I promise. 

“After such heartfelt exchanges, I’m probably going to piss you off right now.” Elijah warns, speeding out of the room for a second and coming back in a with a box, with a nice bow wrapped on top and a letter?

“Did you get me a present or something?” I ask, not knowing why I would be mad about that.

“It’s from Niklaus, he asked me to deliver it to you.” Elijah tells me…oh, it’s from Klaus…great. 

“Do you know what it is?” I frown, running my hand over the bow.

Elijah smirks at me, “I believe you’re supposed to open it and find out.”

“Alright then…” I trail off, still frowning at the box.

“I’ll see you back at my house then in a little while?” Elijah confirms.

“Yeah, Rebekah wants me to come over.” I mutter distracted, wondering what the hell Klaus could have got me. “See ya Elijah.” I don’t need to turn around to know that he is gone. I take the letter off first, opening it up. 

“Please join the Mikealson family this evening at seven o’ clock for dancing, cocktails, and celebration.” I read out, a disbelieved expression coming over my face. 

They are having a party? Already? Jeez…they don’t waste any time…

I open up the box, a smile coming to my face when I see a beautiful, dark blue dress inside. I take it out, lying it out on the bed. It really is beautiful… (It’s not the same dress he got Caroline. Picture on the side.)

Wait, there’s a note underneath it….

Save me the last dance love.

==================

My phone rings in my bags, causing me to groan. Seriously? Can’t people just leave me alone for a little bit.

“Yes Stefan?” I answer.

“Where are you?” he questions.

“I am currently walking to the Original’s mansion.” I say, I know, I know, it’s weird I’m walking.  I didn’t want to use vampire speed or drive, I just wanted to take a walk. Clear mind a little…

“To see Klaus?” Stefan teases, and I’m guessing Damon is around.

“No Stef, I’m going to see Bekah.” I sigh. 

“You know she went after Elena the other night, Elijah stopped her.” Stefan states.

“I’m not surprised.” I shrug. 

“I’m also guessing you’re not surprised Esther is back, and the Original family is holding a ball tonight?” Stefan guesses. 

“Yup.” I say, popping the p. “I’m almost there Stefan, I’ll see you tonight.” I don’t wait for him to answer, before hanging up the phone. Ugh, I wonder who Elena is taking to the ball tonight? Stefan? Damon? Both? Probably both, she seems bitchy enough to do it. 

So you know what. Klaus is going to be my date tonight. Elena can go screw herself for all I care. Because I’m happy, she can’t take that away from me anymore. I won’t let her. Damon is in the past…I need to get over him. I need to quickly…

I look up and am surprised to see their house in front of me. I guess I was completely lost in my thoughts. I walk up to the front door, ringing the doorbell. I stand outside the door awkwardly, not knowing if I should just go in or not.