21

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮
Year 2019
|Jaemin
╰━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╯

"Jaemin, I heard Yeona is around."

My dad mumbles out of the blue. "Hmm, she is." I replied while I focused on the game I was playing. The sound of his fingers typing occupied inside his office. "I just asked since I saw her yesterday with a guy—he seemed younger than her."

Taehyun? What could possibly happen to him?

I did not reply but that never stopped him from talking about the situation. He knows dearly that I had a past with Yeona. "The boy got an allergy reaction with some metal. It wasn't that bad."

"And Yeona?" Goodness! I slipped.

"Jaemin." His typing stopped and at the same time I got victory after battling the final boss. I looked up at him, "Yes?"

My dad plastered a concerned look on his face. "I know you got some past with her but.. can you please be more considerate this time?" His tone softened with warning. "Yeona is a sweet girl but whatever is your decision is.. better do it like a man." His words were different than it used to. I sighed and gave a sweet smile. "Of course, I'm getting her back."

"Jaemin."

"Dad." I cut off. "I swear I'll take care of her."

"In front of the wolves?" His tone wasn't nice.

"I'm old enough to defend her." I placed down my phone. My father has never been so concerned with a person who used to be part of my life—well is going to back in my life. He shakes his head as he sighs. "I better not see her cry, alright?"

"Geez, you sound like you're her father."

"I am her godfather for pete sake, Jaemin."

Oh yeah, I forgot that detail. It would make sense of why he's concerned of her. I kept my phone in my pockets as I grabbed my bag. "Where are you going on a Saturday this early?" My dad stopped me. I showed a sheepish smile as the door opened to see his secretary coming in. Our heads turned to her direction. "Dr. Na, there's a visitor for you." Mrs. Lim left right away.

"Someone has picked me up, dad." I smirked. "Don't believe him uncle." Yeona lightly glared at me before smiling at the old man. Dad was rather delighted at the situation. "You have grown well, Yeona." He says. Yeona puts down a basket of sweets on his desk. "I baked some since I wanted to say hi since it's been long and I wanted to tell you that Jaemin has been blowing my phone for the past week." god, she's too honest.

Dad turned to me with a deadly grin, "Jaemin, we talked about this."

"Dad, we're friends!" I exclaimed. Then and there, I received a slap on my back. "We're friends, uncle." She grins, following the stingy pain on my spine. I glanced at her with pain tucked in my smile.

"Ah, this feels nostalgic." He chuckles. "I guess you two are heading somewhere, eh?"

"Yeah, see you soon dad." I grabbed her by the arm as we went to door. "Bye uncle!" She said before getting out.

"You could have broken my spine." I winced as soon we got into the hallways of the hospital. "Not my problem." She chuckles. "Are you a sadist?" I fixed my flannel as we got out of the entrance doors. "Maybe. Are we taking the bus or-"

"I got my scooter at the parking area." I pointed at the yellow scooter at the east of the building. She nods as she walked ahead. I smiled as I followed her behind, She did really came. I stopped in my tracks as I watched her features shine against the sun. "Jaem." She called, breaking my daydreaming trance. "I don't have a license nor the money to break your scooter and I might want to flee right now." She says. Was it a threat or a joke?

"I was just thinking." I started walking towards her. "You always daydream." She sighs. I gave her an extra helmet. I chuckled at her statement as I hopped on the scooter first before her. "Come on." I searched for her arms and wrapped it around my waist. She was reluctant at first but she just followed my lead. "Alright." I started the engine and left the hospital parking lot.

--

"Jaemin and Yeona--wait Yeona and Jaemin?" Calvin looked surprised as he glanced at us. "Calvin, just you know this is just a normal set up." She clarifies which made me laugh. "So you want it to be a normal set up for the two of us?" I teased. She bolts up and tries to slap me to cover up her embarrassed face. The foreigner seemed baffled but also understood the mood. "Shut it lovebirds, I had enough of the couples around me." He said in a joking matter. He must have meant Areum and Shina's cases.

"New to the list is Renjun's crazily beautiful girlfriend, the stuco vice president." He whispers as the mentioned couple passed by us. "I feel too single around them and maybe in their stories." Calvin Jones is clearly fed up with the lovey dovey energy. "But anyways, thanks for coming Yeona.. it's good to have a volunteer for the backdrop."

"I don't have anything to do so why not?" Yeona replies.

"Now Mr. Na, I'm going to take Yeona. Go find some fun." Calvin snatches her away. I watch them walk towards the stage. "I expected you to stay at the hospital to interact with some elderly." Jeno approaches. "I knew Yeona was going to be here."

Jeno turns to me, "Jaemin, you can't restore what has happened before."

"I know but I can do it differently right now."