𝟽. 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚙𝚞𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙵𝚊𝚌𝚎

Start from the beginning

I cleared my throat suddenly conscious of the mattress under me. "What do you mean Tommy?" He rolled his eyes, turning around again. The blond growled, "The good bed." Unresponsive, he realized he had to elaborate.

"He traded. We don't get much resources down here at least not yet-" I sat up and in a sudden movement I snatched his shoulder. Tommy spit out a string of curses being tugged from his comfortable position, "What woman?!"

My eyebrows knitted together, "traded?" Tommy tensed at my tone, hurling himself farther into the sheets.

His heartbeat quickened in the slightest, "Well uhm- yeah. Wil traded beds with you and took the cot that was here before." He paused, twisted so he was facing the ceiling. "I mean he's stuck with a shitty one now, but hell, I am too."

He traded beds. Wilbur Soot, former President of L'manburg, gave his better mattress to his prisoner.

The blond closed his eyes, "That was quite odd of him now that I think about it. I mean you are an accomplice of Schlatt." I opened my mouth to argue but stopped. Better for them to know nothing. I had no idea what Wilbur's plans were. He could use my feelings or directives against me. I needed more information.

I have learned to take advantage of my enemies weakness, but to do this... waste time here? That was a disservice. Not only to Tubbo but to myself. Wil wanted me to be complacent. I held in a laugh.

How wrong he would be.

A little idea sparked in my head. Start small. I had learned first hand how unhinged Wilbur could become if I rejected something of his doing. I guess it was now my time to be especially irritating.

Time to catch attention. Quite different to what I'm used to.

Silently I jump over Tommy to the floor using the bedpost as balance. feet hitting the tile barely making a noise. The boy sensed the absence of me but curled tighter into the covers, his blue eyes shut and held tight.

Tommy yawned, "Womannn where you-" Another yawn, "-going?"

I breathed in, trying to find natural air and not one from underground, but to no avail.

"It's okay, you can have the bed." I smiled, albeit evil, shuffling to a far corner opposite the door.

But Tommy was already fast asleep. Alone with the drip of a certain annoying water leak, I held back a grin. Maybe I don't want to accept your gift.

It's time to play some mind games Wil.

➸➸➸

6 Hours Later, Wilbur

"She did what?"

Wilbur paused, ran a hand through his dark hair. "Tommy. What did you do?"

Tommy swallowed, shifting on his feet, mumbling, "I mean yeah I might have told her you exchanged mattresses and she opted to sleep on the floor." The boy perked up ignoring his previous statement. "But uhm- she didn't attack me when I entered- That's good news Wil!"

Tommy's pathetic excuse to turn this around didn't surprise Wilbur, but he was far from calm now.

He knew it would have taken days to get her conditioned to this environment. Time spent leaving her to her own thoughts wasted by a boy who wanted a nicer bed to sleep in one night. It was own fault for not telling him of his plan, even if this one was a small event in the long-term.