"Why wouldn't you be happy Renee? I mean you would be with your mate and all so how does that not guaranty you that you will be happy?" Skye asked her puzzled, why would she not be happy?

"Not because you are mates it implies that you will love each other, it is when you are the same species but when it a werewolf and a human, vampire or whatever it could be, you don't always love your mate back in fact you might even hate him." Renee said admitting this out loud for the first time over.

Skye felt her jaw drop, Renee have never said anything about mates not loving each other much less that she could have not loved Austin.

"Wait, you didn't love Austin?" Skye asked her shocked.

"No as a matter of fact I hated him." Renee told her meeting her gaze.

"Then why were you with him in the first place?" Skye asked her confused, why be with someone you didn't love?

Then she understood what Renee was going with this.

"Because it was him,-." Renee whispered looking younger than she was.

"He was your mate." Skye said rolling her eyes.

"I had no choice, when he found me he let me know about the wolf world and he told my family and his about all of this, I never had a choice to whenever love him or not, I wanted to travel around the world or do something completely crazy and stupid but when I met him in my junior year everything changed, suddenly Austin was in every single class I had and he would be every second of the day that he could with me, I drove me insane he was very possessive and overly jealous." Renee said shaking her head.

"Sounds familiar to me, is everyone Alpha like that?" Skye said under her breath remembering Aiden's behavior.

"Aiden is nice if you ask me and he is just acting like any other werewolf Alpha would, but Austin he was a different story. Aiden treats with you respect and his gives you space just like he is now, I know that he is probably going insane just by being away from you knowing that you could be alone with a killer vampire-." Renee said with a small chuckle.

"Renee, Aiden knows you won't hurt me." Skye said interrupting her.

"I wasn't talking about myself, I'm just talking about the simple fact that you are in a city where a vampire could attack you anywhere but you know I will protect you no matter what but Aiden doesn't know and probably he is pretty much going out of his mind right now but he still respects that you asked him for space, he loves you and I know he might be jealous sometimes just any other wolf would but Austin wasn't like that, he would treat me as if I was an object, a prize he had to claim. He didn't let me talk to any other guys even when those guys were my closest friends, he said over and over again that I was his and nobody's else, he went to college with me, studied the same things as I so he could be there, watching me as if he doubted that I wouldn't be loyal to him and at the end I grew tired of his attitude and I ended up hating him as if I didn't have enough reasons to in the first place. Deep down when I was turned and your father told me that I had to cut off any contact with my family, friends or anyone that could know me I was relief in a way, that this time I could have a choice on doing whatever I wanted without Austin being there, that I would be free." Renee told her with a smile.

Skye looked at her bewildered, she had never thought about it that way.

"Bloody hell Renee, I never knew that." Skye told her as she looked at her still shocked.

"But now you do, as for the change of future I like it, I get to work in something I like, I like feeling useful, I get to make choices in my life and I earned a wonderful family with all of you, I got the children that I always wanted." Renee said as she looked at Skye proudly.