"Event planning."

"Really?!" Mr. Suarez says this time. "Then maybe you could help us with the party we want to do soon. We're celebrating our 25th anniversary of this law firm!" They exchange big smiles and my heart starts to pound with excitement.

Finally. My very first project.

"Sure! Just give our company a call and we can figure out what to do."

"Sounds great," he says as he takes the business card I've put on his desk. His brown eyes then look at his watch and he says, "He seems a bit late..."

"I'm not surprised," I say with a roll of eyes. "He never understands when it comes to being mature—"

Suddenly, the door slams open, and in comes a breathless cowboy.

"I'm here! I'm here—" He takes a few big breaths and I don't have to look back to know he has his stupid smile on. I give him a quick look and decide to have my eyes away from him.

As Mr. Suarez gives him water, my heart sets on fire. But not with the same passion we once had. This time, hate ignites my every sense and I don't look at him when he sits on the seat by mine. He tries to give me a smile but I don't acknowledge him.

"Alright," Mr. Suarez says with a sigh. "Now that we're all here, we can finally finish this up. How are you today, Tyler?"

"I'm doing fine." His voice is still the same but there's this gentleness that I recognize from the first time we met. My heart would melt, but I keep my eyes away just in case.

"That's great," Mr. Suarez says. He presents his intern and Tyler agrees to have her here. Then we fall silent as we watch Mr. Suarez go through our divorce papers.

From the corner of my eye, I can see how Tyler steals glances at me. I have this curiosity to look at him. Just once, and see who he is now. But that shouldn't matter right now. What matters is Mr. Suarez explaining the process to us if we ever regret our decision.

I quickly shake my head at him and firmly say, "We won't get back together. Where do I sign?"

Mr. Suarez carries a hint of sadness in his eyes, but he did not see all those miserable nights I had. He would understand then.

So I quickly sign with no regret the section he points at and I look over at Tyler for the first time.

He's still the same but with a defeated posture. He no longer carries those straight shoulders and confident stride. They fall as I give him the pen. His brown eyes sadly look at the pen and my stone heart suddenly turns impatient.

"Tyler?" Mr. Suarez says as Tyler quietly stares at his section of the paper.

"Mr. Blue?" Annabelle says this time. "You seem a bit uncomfortable. Are you alright?" Her eyes shine in a way that studies every inch of his gestures as he clears his throat.

"Well...Can we do this some other time?" He looks at me and then at Mr. Suarez. He seems almost jumpy as he says, "I...I have this thing today and I actually can't do this right now. Because you said we had to finalize the money stuff, right?"

Anger flares up in my veins as I roll my eyes at him. "You've got to be kidding me, Tyler. Stop with your games already and sign the paper."

"I-I would like to reschedule!"

Mr. Suarez turns surprised as I am, but Annabelle seems to have known this was coming. I should've known also.

Mr. Suarez looks at me and I do a tired sigh. "Fine," I angrily say. "Let's reschedule if the lady is scared right now." I give Tyler a look but does not seem offended at all. Instead, he gives me a thankful smile that I quickly look away from before I melt.

"Alright," Mr. Suarez says with a smile. "We'll come back by the end of this month. I'll see you two then."

With a nod, I get up and start out the door. I barely hear Tyler give his gratitude to my lawyer as I quickly make my way to my car. But soon enough, I hear running boots behind me.

"Tess! Wait!"

"I have nothing to do with you," I say without stopping.

I hear him sigh and say, "I know and I deserve that. I'm sorry. But if you could please..."

I feel his hand hold my arm and I quickly stop to rip it out of his hold. "Don't touch me."

His soft eyes turn sad but he still does his small smile. His eyes seem to study every part of my face and there's this glisten. The same glisten from that night.

But I cross my arms on my chest and firmly say, "What do you want?"

He shyly says, "I was wondering if you wanted to get some coffee or—"

I let out a scoff. "Are you serious? You do know I want to get rid of you, right? I don't even want to see you in a picture!" I start my way back to my car but he still runs after me.

"But wait! Give me a chance! One day! I would like to catch up—"

"We are not friends. Shouldn't you be afraid of fans surrounding you right now?"

"Please, Tessa." He stops me again and I let his hand take my arm. My heart skips for a second as I feel his skin on mine. It's just as warm as the first time we met.

But my mind brings back those times his cold skin would slap against mine and I firmly say, "Get your crap together and leave me alone."

With this, he lets go and I don't look back as I enter my car.

I can't look back. I won't. In that single moment, my heart threatened to break its hardness. I won't make the same mistake again.