Peaky Blinders [Finn Shelby]

summary: to seal his new deal, Tommy offers Finn to marry his business partner's daughter knowing he has a girlfriend

***

"To hell you are!" Finn swore. When Tommy found how he wasn't the only one with problems with Luca Changretta, he reached out hoping to find an ally. He did luckily, but everything came with a price.

William Webber had a 'family business' in Dudley and graciously accepted Tommy's offer but he needed something in return. He had a daughter the same age as Finn and she needed someone to marry. Tommy needed the Webber family on the side so he gave them Finn in a matter of seconds.

"I'm not some betting horse!" Finn continued. The deal had finalized late last night and Tommy called a family meeting to inform the rest of the family. "And I have a girlfriend, did you forget about Y/n?"

He didn't forget, he knew the girl. Y/n had been a local, her father working in her factories, her mother a tailor, making quite some money from her clients. Finn and Y/n went to school together before Finn stopped going. The two had been together for 3 years and recently moved in together 5 months ago when Y/n turned 18.

"It doesn't matter, William's daughter Rebecca is due to marry you at the end of next week." Tommy simply explained.

"You're going to let him do this?" Finn looked at Arthur and Polly. Neither of them said anything, looking down at the floor guilty. "My god, I'm not like John. You can't just go selling me off for some business deal."

"What John did helped our family and that is the same for you. You need to forget about that girl and focus on your family." Tommy gestured to all of them. It had only been a few months since John died and it still hadn't settled with the Shelby's all well and it was hard enough to think of him let alone say his name.

"You used him when he was vulnerable, Martha died and you saw that is an opportunity and now you want to do the same thing now. I'm sad and you think marrying me off will make me all happy again!" Finn exclaimed.

"You need to breakup with her by the end of next week." Tommy stated simply. Finn stared at his family, none of them said a single thing to defend him. He grabbed his peaky cap before slamming the door making his way back to his and Y/n's home.

"Finn is that you?" Y/n heard the door open. She stood in the kitchen working on the dinner for the two.

"Hey love." He walked into the kitchen, kiss her cheek from behind. "Smells good."

"Thank you." She smiled turning around to face him. She studied his face. She knew him since they were children, Y/n could tell when something was wrong.

"What's wrong?" Y/n grabbed his hand and led him to their bedroom. She sat him on the edge of the bed, squeezing herself in between his legs, massaging his shoulders. Finn felt comfort in her, he wrapped his arms around her stomach, leaning his head on her chest.

"Tommy." He said. Y/n knew how hard it was Finn for the past couple months, since John died, his brothers tried to make Finn fill in his spot and it was all too much for him, he wasn't John, he was Finn. "He wanted a new business partner and well there's this family in Dudley who was willing to comply."

"But?" Y/n asked, she knew it was coming, it always does.

"But the only way he'll work with us is if I marry his daughter, but Tommy already said I would. The wedding is the end of next week." Finn finished.

"So you came here to breakup?" Y/n stated trying not to cry.

"What no!" Finn pulled himself away to look at her. "We're not going to breakup, I'm not marrying her."