Cobra Kai [Gen fic]

summary: there is a new girl in the dojo whose taking the ranks

***

"Jesus christ." I muttered as I pulled into the address granddad gave me. Never the less, I parked my car, grabbed my bag and walked into the dojo.

I walked into the dojo to see half the kids in a gi and the other half in whatever they have on. I looked to the front to see a boy, around my age leading warm ups and granddad and Johnny Lawrence watching at the front. I caught granddad's eye and winked.

"Do you help miss?" Johnny asked me. The rest of the class stopped what they were doing and looked at me.

"Nope, I'm at the right place." I smirked.

"Johnny, I see you met my granddaughter." He smirked.

"Y/n Kreese." I walked up to him and shook his hand.

"Aren't you a bit small for karate?" He looked at me. I looked down at myself in cropped calf black legging, black sports bar thrown under my jacket which was zipped up halfway. I wasn't short in my book, but to other people apparently being 5'0, your considered short.

"I think I'll be fine." I smirked.

"Fall in." Granddad ordered. I set my back down, taking off my shoes and zipping off my jacket, which caused a few people to let out a few gasps, probably from the dragon tattoo that went down my whole spine.

I stood in back following the warm ups one of the boys started to lead which turned into some laughing matter with their jokes.

"If they know everything, why don't we give them something to learn." Granddad smirked. "Y/n up front."

I nodded and walked up to front to stand in front of him and look at the rest of the class. "Johnny, choose one of your kids."

Johnny looked at him before looking at his class before landing on a small boy around my height. "Bert."

"You got to be kidding me." I muttered and rolled my eyes.

"Everyone clear the mate. One point only." Granddad ordered. The students started to cheer on Bert thinking he could beat me, thinking little ol me will get demolished.

"Bow." Johnny ordered. I looked at him with a slight evil in my eye bringing up one of my fingers to move it across my neck to look like I was slicing it. We both bowed to Johnny and began.

I let him come to me first letting him throw the first punch towards my abdomen which I grabbed his arm and flipped him over on the ground. "Point." Johnny called and the red flag was raised.

"She was just lucky." I heard one of the boys say, I looked over to him, he was the same one who was leading warm ups.

"If I was just lucky, why don't you go." I raised an eyebrow.

"You know I'm the All-Valley Champion right?" He walked onto the mat.

"So was I, three years reigning." I smirked.

"One, two three, fight."

The two of us just waited for the one to strike first, even though that's what granddad always told me, he was learned the same thing, we were technically learned from the same sensei, so I knew what he would do and how to block it.

I did exactly that, which ended up with him on the floor and me hovering over. "Point." Earning my flag to go up.

"How did you do that?" He stared at me.

"Your sensei learned from my sensei, so I know every move you could attack me with and how to defend myself." I smirked. "They don't call me the World Champion for nothing."

"World Champion." He croaked. "I thought you said you were the All Valley Champion."

"I was, but doesn't World Champion sound like a better title than All Valley."

"Fair point, Miguel Diaz." He brought out his hand.

"Y/n Kreese." I shook his hand, hard.

"You're all dismissed, but we're meeting tomorrow 5 a.m." Johnny announced.

"Hey Y/n." A girl came up to me. "I'm Aisha, a few of the guys and I are going to get burgers, care to join." I looked back at granddad who just nodded.

"Sure." I answered putting my jacket back on and grabbing my bag.

"Everyone this is Y/n. This Bert, Hawk and you already know Miguel." Aisha walked over to the group.

"Let's go, I'll drive." I walked out the door towards my car.

"Holy shit, sick ride." Hawk looked at my car.

"Thanks, it's a Mitsubishi Lancer, I was into street racing when I lived in Japan." I answered getting into the car.

"You lived in Japan?" Aisha exclaimed.

"Yeah, a year or two, trained there. My granddad moved a lot and I always went with him." I replied.

"Awesome." Miguel awed.

"Let me tell you a secret." I pulled out of the parking lot. "My granddad isn't like your sensei, he's 100 times worse. You'll be tested on your loyalty. He created Cobra Kai and he isn't leaving anytime soon. His end goal to finish your opponent by any means necessary."

"That doesn't sound so bad." Bert said from the back.

"You'll say that now." I got onto the main road.

"So how long have you've been training in karate?" Hawk asked.

"Since I could walk." I answered. "I had great potential and he saw that, so we traveled around the world so I could learn from the best, we returned to the Valley, I had became the All Valley Champion when I was 11 and kept that title until I was 14. Then we moved to Japan so I could train with master's there and competed in the World Championships when I was 15 and won. There's not much I can do now, I can't enter in smaller tournaments, there are a select few, but right now, I kind of learned everything."

"So what do you do now?" Aisha asked.

"Go to street races, car shows." I shrugged. "I haven't been in the Valley since I was 14, I have some things to catch up on, might go to school. I was always homeschooled and never really experienced public school."

"Don't worry, you aren't missing much." Hawk commented.

"That's what I thought." I answered. "Also, digging the hair, you should dye it red or something."

"I'll keep that mind." He winked.

"We're here, boys and girls." I pulled into the burger joint. "You can catch me up on teenage drama, I've spent most of my teenage years with old people."

"Oh where to start." Aisha wrapped a shoulder around me as we got out of the car.

———