When I was checking everyone's phone I had memorized the phone numbers of people so that I can use them later. I matched the number she texted with the number of Sonoda, thankfully they matched. If the numbers they dig match with the numbers I saw then we can conclude Kaneda is the VIP.

But unfortunately Shiina's contact information was still missing.

Did you follow the conditions I set?

Yes, of course.

I want the phone number of Shiina within the next thirty minutes.

I just told you I can't find it!!

I don't want excuses, I want the phone number. Or do I need to repeat myself again.

The text was left on seen, apparently she searched for it frantically in the given time window. As long as she follows the conditions I set she won't get me the wrong number, but that also runs the risk that she might not be able to find the real number. Which will be fatal for her, or so I said.

To my surprise, within a few minutes she sent me another phone number.

I found it! Please leave me alone now.

Not so fast, explain to me how you got it.

I wouldn't have pursued the matter if the number I got was the same as the one I saw in the meeting. But actually it was a different one, so that raises Shiina Hiyori as the potential VIP. However, before I can conclude that I need to know the process from which she got this number.

She typed for a solid five minutes then sent it to me. From what it looked like Manabe couldn't actually trace out Shiina hiyori's real number at all.

So in the end she decided to ask her about her phone number, but when Shiina gave her the number she recognized the number to be one of her friend's. That meant that her friend had Shiina's phone, she traced back the number Shiina had to her best friend since they both were frank friends she sneaked up on her phone and called her own number using it to find out the real number.

Did you delete the call history?

Of course! Ryuuen will kill me if he finds out about this!

Don't worry you are safe now.

I could feel she might've collapsed in relief after seeing my text. Driven by the fear of the unknown; that is me and driven by the terror of Ryuuen, Manabe had outperformed herself in this task.

Had she been a little cautious before beating Karuizawa she wouldn't have seen this day.

With the new number of Shiina Hiyori I had two choices to report. One was Kaneda and the other was Shiina.

Since Kaneda's phone number was already with Kanzaki, they wouldn't have risked changing his phone if he was VIP. Because the threat of Kanzaki catching him would be too great, but if he was set as decoy then it would've been easy to lure anyone into this trap who had Kaneda's phone number.

As of now I have found out that Shiina also carries exchanged phones, and the method from which it was obtained isn't something Ryuuen could predict. Thus I conclude Shiina Hiyori is the VIP of the Dragon group.

Before reporting that to school I went back to Ichinose's room where everyone had gathered except Hirata. Soon he also joined us with a thin bitter smile on his face.

"I have found out the contact details of Sonoda Masashi from a reliable source."

Interesting.

"But as for Shiina Hiyori, none of the Class C students I knew had her number. Even they themselves weren't able to find it, so at last a friend of mine asked her for her number."