34. Addition To The Family

Start from the beginning

"You Starks, always so stubborn." She said shaking her head as she walked back to her job. I had wondered if she knew of Tony, but I was not the person to break that to her, not yet.

I watched her walk away then my eyes shifted to Pepper. She was so calm and peaceful looking, but I knew it was anything but. I saw her hit her head and I knew it wasn't just a nasty blow. It was bad enough to have ended her life. I was lucky to see her in as good of a condition as I was.

I tore my eyes away and went back towards Bucky and Sam. What I didn't expect to see was Happy and Morgan coming through the elevators. I nearly stopped in my tracks as her face lit up in a smile as she came running towards me. I dropped down to my knees as she came running in for a hug.

"Auntie Val!" She yelled out and I squeezed her so tightly.

"Morgan." I breathed out.

"What are you wearing? Is that one of my dads suits?" She asked as her fingers traced over the lines and textures on my shoulder.

"Yes, actually." I said laughing softly because she was so innocent.

"Was there a bad guy?" She asked me.

"Yes, there was." I said softly but I then forced a smile. "But your daddy saved the day."

"Really, did he kick ass?" She asked and my eyes bugged out.

"Morgan, you can't use those words-"

"But daddy uses them." She said defensively.

"Yes and you're five Morgan, those are big kid words." I said sternly and her face dropped. "But yes, your daddy did kick ass."

She started giggling and Bucky came to our side. I picked Morgan up and placed her on my hip. She reached out and give him a big hug and hugged her back softly. He was tired, but I could see he was relieved. His relationship with her was always sweet and kind. Bucky rarely showed affection towards anyone, but he had a soft spot for her big time.

"Where's my mommy and daddy? Can we go see them?" She asked softly as she had a hand on each of us. I looked to Bucky unsure of how to even answer that. I mean surely we couldn't just tell her right away.

"They're super busy right now, Morgan. How about you come stay a few nights with us?" Bucky asked and I saw her eyes light up.

"Can I do his make up auntie Val? You promised last time!" She asked and I looked to him wearing a weak smile.

"You can even paint my nails if you want kiddo." He said and he kissed the side of her head. She lit up with excitement and I was thrilled to see her, but I knew someone was going to have to tell her. Maybe not today but she needed to know.

"I have an idea." I said looking to her. "I have someone very important that your daddy wanted you to meet."

"Really? Is it a puppy?" She asked and I just giggled as Bucky looked at me with confusion.

"Not quite, but close." I said with a soft laugh.

We walked outside onto the balcony area where I had seen Peter standing when we had first come in. He looked lost in thought as I'm sure we all were unless otherwise occupied. He turned to look at us and he looked vastly confused as we walked up to him.

"Woah, you guys have a kid?" Peter asked and I just smiled.

"Peter meet Morgan Stark, Morgan meet your uncle Peter." I said smiling down at her.

She looked a little nervous as she looked to Peter and I said Peter's face drop a little. He wore a small smirk and reached out to shake her hand. She was hesitant, but placed her small hand in his.