Chapter 18: Sinful

Start from the beginning

"Naraz ho?" Shehraz asked. (Are you upset?)

Jahanara tilted her head looking at him but this time a bit longer. His hair slicked back the dark circles were less which meant he was getting enough sleep. She admired how he kept such a neatly trimmed beard.
Jahanara wanted to say so much yet she for once closed that part of her side and uplifted her lips shaking her head. 

"Then why did you ask this question? Obviously, I will meet my daughter and leave," There he finally said it, the burden lifting of his shoulders exhaling. It was ridiculous because now the silence was adding fuel to the already burning fire. Jahanara caught the irritation from his tone of speaking more like he was upset and one wrong thing they could get into an argument. 

He would get furious and raise his tone, something so unusual and a sight impossible to see but even impossible can become possible. Jahanara believed this was his way of venting out his emotions. It's better than keeping them bottled up as she did.

Which is never a good option.

She remembered the verse about If your spouse is angry, you should be calm. When one is fire, the other should be water narrated by Umar Ibn Al-Khattab.

"No shery that's not what I meant actually I met her and then you already left sorry," She calmly stated. His shoulder dropped as he closed his eyes composing himself. It worked, calling him shery calms the whole thing down. She noticed once he was arguing with Danish and how Ammi called with her sweet tone, making a smile as she turned to see the passing buildings. 

"I am sorry too," He whispered after a while.                    

The exhaustion had finally called it a day as the couples without conversing dumped themselves into the comfort of the mattress

The exhaustion had finally called it a day as the couples without conversing dumped themselves into the comfort of the mattress. Not knowing what fate has in store for them.

As the sun shone like mercy on the large windows a big win-win that promises bold lights. Jahanara stirred, peeking her one eye and sighed at the intensity of it while her brain wanted to get up and shut it. Her body didn't agree with it as she turned to the other side pushing her head into the pillows.

The soft knock wasn't enough to break her sleep as Shehraz poked his head to see Jahanara's unconscious state. But now he felt even worse about what he was going to do. He entered by shutting the door behind him and stood beside her with two broken buttons of his shirt.

"Jahan wake up," He softly called, patting her arm. Jahanara pulled the pillow away to see a very irresistible Shehraz the pant hugging his figure while the white shirt curved around his torso the open buttons revealed his toned chest.